Dragonball Z sucks.

I don’t hate DBZ; I do still watch it. Granted, it’s not even close to the best anime ever, or even within twenty miles of it, but I can think of a lot worse. Please don’t ask for names, though; I shut them out to remove the pain from my mind.

The mangas are actually pretty good. Five minutes is actually five minutes (as opposed to eight months), the fights are NOT drawn out, the drawing is MUCH better, people say things that actually make sense, the attack names aren’t so corny, most of the ones beyond the first three aren’t completely censored, etc. Granted, there are better mangas, as well, but there are still worse ones out there. Again, please don’t make me bring back the pain…

At least the people here present their reasons for hating the show. I’ve seen people that go, “DBZ sucks! It just sucks! I hate it so much!” and end it at that. Sorc, everyone, I salute you for presenting actual reasons.

Another thing: in the beggining of the Z series, they are able to destroy Earth with a lesser blast. By the end SSJ3’s use full power kamehamehas and things of the sort and they only create some craters. :fungah:.

I thought about that too. That was when Akira was planning on stopping after the Freeza saga, so thats the reason.

Hm… I see i don’t need to comment on the sucking of DBZ. Everything said thus far is true except maybe the 5 episodes advancing the plot, It takes more like 15.

nuf said.

Guys, this I think you’ll find rather amusing: DBZ in a nutshell…

i kinda like dbz

We love you Bubbles!

I don’t really care for DBZ, It has really bad voice acting, and it takes about 7 years to charge an attack.

Well, I liked the series during the frezia saga. But after that, it got boring…

now the movie’s are ok…

I’ve liked the series since I was introduced to it. I’d really like it if I had it on DVD - then I wouldn’t have to wait months for the episodes I missed to rerun.

Here’s one thing I hate about the English DBZ: censorship.

insertbadguysnamehere the most evil man in the universe blows up 10 planets, beats a puppy to death and fucks an aborted foetus in the ass.

Goku: Darn him! Oh my gosh! He’s such a bad man!

Now this is what he would really say:

Realistic Goku: Holy shit! That bastard! I’m gonna kill the fucker!

Oh boy…
Dragon Ball Z was the show that got me into anime, I’ll credit the show for that. I think the show had a lot of potiental to be a good anime. Once the characters get “powered up”, the fights can be enjoyable, but I think it should have stopped with Frieza, because Freiza is the cruelest villian in Dragon Ball Z, and it was nice to see him get killed.

Same here Swift. I started wathcing it almost 6 years ago. And yes, it SHOULD have stopped at the Freeza saga becuase it was SUPPOSED to.

I think there are three big things that ruined DBZ

#1, the biggest reason: Very repetitave, so much so, that it become predictable
#2: Too much yelling and screaming, not enough fighting
#3: Useless characters. During a big fight, the show suddenly moves to a character with no role in the fight, ruining the pace.

If I may throw my opinion in:

As said, it went downhill after the Freeza Saga. After that, the fighters were way too powerful. As said earlier, the fighting also got repetitive. The Buu Saga made every Buu Form look infinitely powerful, yet someone got stronger every time.
EDIT:

To quote from Something Awful, what they think is a traditional DBZ battle (which is actually pretty accurate :P):

(camera zooms in on Goku’s face and jagged white lines appear around the edge of the screen while Goku goes through a series of facial expressions that make him look like an ape taking a series of cattle prod shocks to the ear)

Goku: YAAAAAAAARRRGARRRRYARGLEBARGLEGUHGUHBLARGSPLAT

(battle begins)

Omega: Actually, I liked the Buu saga a bit. Fat Buu was just hilariously stupid.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Omega: Actually, I liked the Buu saga a bit. Fat Buu was just hilariously stupid.

“Buu like when the game goes boom like that!”

Hehe… Buu was alright.

My favorite phrase used by Buu was “Buu go Boom Boom!” or something like that… ^_^;

Yeh, I have a soft spot for the series I see when I’M FUCKING 8 YEARS OLD! :stuck_out_tongue:
But anyway, it <b>was</b> the very first anime I’ve seen, so no matter what happens to it, I’ll always like it.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
[b](camera zooms in on Goku’s face and jagged white lines appear around the edge of the screen while Goku goes through a series of facial expressions that make him look like an ape taking a series of cattle prod shocks to the ear)

Goku: YAAAAAAAARRRGARRRRYARGLEBARGLEGUHGUHBLARGSPLAT

(battle begins) [/b]

LMAO!! That is so true… sorry but it is…