Dragonball Z sucks.

Since it has been requested of me to make a thread about Dragonball Z sucking, since I obviously can’t contribute to a thread with my own personal opinion about the topic at hand and must now create individual threads for every thought I have, I am doing such.

I dislike Dragonball Z due to the corny nature of the entire show. Endless power up scenes and medicore story/plot elements plague what could have been a fun to watch action anime.

It would be nice if it didn’t take five to ten episodes to advance the plot.

See?
That wasn’t so hard.
I’m inclined to agree with Sorc on the topic of DBZ, though.

Add to all that, it’s one of the most repetitive animes ever.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I dislike Dragonball Z due to the corny nature of the entire show. Endless power up scenes and medicore story/plot elements plague what could have been a fun to watch action anime.

Agreed.

not to mention that in it the people never seem to get hurt.and their clothes never get ruined unless its like something catastropihic.i mean you get by a giant energy beam your clothes are gonna catch fire

or how about ten episodes equalling roughly five minutes? But I gues that just goes with the whole mediocre plot thing posted by Sorc. Yeah, Dragon Ball Z does suck.

The series really went downhill from DB.

It’s really a pity, the manga was actually bearable.

On a different MB, one of my friends summed up DBZ in its entirety pretty damn well, as I shall now demonstrate:

Goku and friends are happy and relaxed, they have saved the world for the 900th time, all is at peace.
Cue cheesy family/friends scene.
Uh oh! Whats that? Some terrible new threat is coming to destroy the earth/Goku/collect the dragon balls?
gasp
Goku and friends must train, and train, and train, and train…and train again, because their muscles haven’t fully engulfed their heads quite yet.
How’s you’re chi level there Krillin? Keep training baldy.
cue training scene, preferably on a planet chasing a monkey named bubbles
Evil powerful new enemy quickly approaches earth.
shot of ship/space pod/death star closing in on our galaxy
Quickly heroes! Train some more! Catch that cheeky monkey!
shot of bubbles, we love bubbles

Finally after about a month of episodes, said evil guy reaches earth, and kicks the piss right out of Goku and company.
cue rapid punches and kicks, that hardly resemble any kind of real martial arts
Should have kept chasing that monkey guys. Bubbles is ashamed of you and your lack of godlike skills. (those come later)
But being the good guys they are, they rally together and fight on for about 6 more eps, until everyone but Goku can see their insides on their outsides.
cue shot of Guko, bloody with his top ripped off (oooo seeeexy man! The steroid look really suits ya!) standing in front of bad guy
They exchange a few words, bad guy mocks Goku’s hair style (wouldn’t you?), and then proceeds to kick and pummel our beloved hero until he closely resembles the green mangled gummy bear I found on the bottom of my baseball cleets last summer. Man…I hate the green ones.
Then Goku DIES. Or something to that effect.

Oh…my…GOD! Why Goku…WHY??

BUT in dying/exploding/disappearing, Goku has bought his friends sometime, because he has managed to hurt/wound/bore said bad guy, who takes off for a while to build his power.
Guess what time it is guys.

train train train train w00t w00t!

Ok! Goku’s fan club has powered up! They’re ready to save the world! Come on bad guy, give us what you’ve got, WHO’S YOUR DADDY??
cue scene of bad guy whoopin ass. Guess they should have tried chasing the monkey again

So, the supporting characters are down, again. We have now reached the more painful section of the DBZ experience, this is the part where Krillin and friends lie around wounded on the ground for like, FOREVER, as they wait until Guko comes back from death/training/the hair salon.
Bad guy seems content in playing with the poor broken sub characters, I guess he forgot he meant to blow up the earth…Villains these days…
cue shot of Goku, say, flying through the air
Goku: I’m coming guys! Hold on!
cue shot of beaten cast
Pitiful hero: Guys! Goku is coming! He’ll save us! We just have to stall for time!
Bad Guy: HA HA HA! You cannot stop me! I shall continue to bitch slap you all around, because Goku cannot possibly get anymore powerful then he already is! Why should I finish you all off now? I’ll wait till he’s here to kick my ass for that! I will allow the dying plot to drag on FOREVER! HA HA HA!
gasp!
Over the next 6 eps Goku continues his flight, bad guy plays with his toys, and possibly one of the good guys dies, usually by exploding.
Bubbles eats bugs off his butt.
Go bubbles.

Finally Goku arrives, and this my friends is what we have all be waiting for, they are going to go Super Saiyan.
O…M…G! (told you Goku was getting his hair done)
So now they are going to throw about unthinkable amounts of energy at each other, all the while ignoring the damage they are doing to the surrounding country.
But thats ok, the orphans didn’t really NEED that orphanage, streets are their natural habitat after all. Run free little orphans, Goku has liberated you! Hail Goku!

Anyways Goku and said bad guy are still fighting, it’s possible Vegeta has gotten his smart ass in there ( Ok Vegeta is the only cool character in DBZ, next to Mr.Green face (Piccolo))
So it’s possible that we have 3-4 super Saiyans now, and they’re really kicking ass.
Their fight scene will span 10+ eps, hope you took your bathroom break, or brought a pot with you.

Finally again it’s down to Goku and Mr. Bad guy, who I’m guessing at this point is really pissed at himself for not trying harder to get that spot on Sailor Moon instead, at least then he could be fighting teenaged girls in crotch high skirts.
Sucks to be evil.

Goku of course wins, bad guy dies, the weaker good guys recover and make a solemn vow to train harder then ever before!
And bubbles…well bubbles continues to eat the bugs off his butt. We love you Bubbles!

But what’s that!?
A new enemy is heading towards the earth?
O…M…G!
While Goku and his friends be able to save the earth for the 902nd time? Find out, on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Originally posted by Phoenix Valkyrie
[b]The series really went downhill from DB.

It’s really a pity, the manga was actually bearable. [/b]

Originally posted by LunarCry
On a different MB, one of my friends summed up DBZ in its entirety pretty damn well, as I shall now demonstrate:

Best. Explanation. Ever.

From what I heard, Toriyama wanted to stop after Freeza, and leave it at that.

That was absolutely beautiful, Lunar.

Originally posted by Moon Beam Girl
From what I heard, Toriyama wanted to stop after Freeza, and leave it at that.

He did, and it really should have stopped there. Fans wanted more or something.

Well they certainly got more.200+ eps of DBZ…and then came GT…and there’s a rumoured AF, though I doubt such a thing will happen. Just wishful thinking amogst DBZ fans. I don’t really like DBZ, except for a few characters, which in my opinion rock.
But I think it was created for those bad boy action types who can’t get enough of “I’m gonna power up and kick your ass”. And the voices…when they power up…are totally orgasmic and unbearable. I can’t imagine the voice actors who make those sounds, in some little studio, moaning and grumling their brains out without laughing. That’s what <i>really</i> irritates me about DBZ…the voices:ah-ha!:

AF is a false rumor, that I can tell you.

Lunar, that was perfect except for one small detail: it does NOT suck to be evil. =P

Originally posted by Evangelion
Well they certainly got more.200+ eps of DBZ…and then came GT…and there’s a rumoured AF, though I doubt such a thing will happen. Just wishful thinking amogst DBZ fans. I don’t really like DBZ, except for a few characters, which in my opinion rock.
But I think it was created for those bad boy action types who can’t get enough of “I’m gonna power up and kick your ass”. And the voices…when they power up…are totally orgasmic and unbearable. I can’t imagine the voice actors who make those sounds, in some little studio, moaning and grumling their brains out without laughing. That’s what <i>really</i> irritates me about DBZ…the voices:ah-ha!:

They sound as if they were at the toilet, with a severe intestinal disorder, if you ask me…
Now DBZ isn’t completely bad, but some things were rather tarnished either by the people in charge of the dubbings or by whoever adapted the original material.

Now DBZ isn’t completely bad, but some things were rather tarnished either by the people in charge of the dubbings or by whoever adapted the original material.

Umm, no… It sucked from the start. An animation series should’ve never been made for DBZ.

Originally posted by Drak
Umm, no… It sucked from the start. An animation series should’ve never been made for DBZ.

That can be said for a lot of series.