Dragonball Z Poll - Fear

This is in regards to Goku’s Saiyan name. Which of the 3 common translations to you prefer?

Kakarotto.

Posting your preference isn’t necessary. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kakarotto was the one used on the spanish dub I saw, so I’ll go with that.

I think kakarotto sound stupid.

Any of them, but you have to spell sayjin with as many silent letters and hyphens as possible, such as: syia-yin-jinin

I hate translations with an O on the end. Like, that name… and names like… fuckin… um… Yu-gi-OH! and… HalO and shit… fuckin O’s…

You do realize his name is supposed to be CARROT, except all ‘Engrished’, right? (All Saiyans have vegetal names. Vegetta is Vegetal, Broli is Broccoli, etc. This is one the series’ many intentional interlingual puns, like Bulma = Bloomers. Hey, it STARTED as a comedy, you know! :slight_smile:

Yes, Wil. We all know. Especially me, dammit :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, everyone is aware of the numerous name puns in teh Dragon Ball series. Just like all of the names of Goku and his kids, not the saiyan ones, mean clouds or something like that. And how a good chunk of hte characters are named after food dishes…like Emperor Pilaf.

O.o…not once in all the past years that I’ve watched this show I never noticed…shit

Thats b/c you listen to SlipKnot. Stupid.

omgwtfbqqjk

Says the one who used to listen to Slipknot.

I have always hated slipknot, making me cool

The Red Ribbon army ruled, I mean, they were all named after colors, which was easy to notice.

Took awhile for my brain to register why Chichi was called milk in the spanish dub. Then again, I had no idea chichi was her name when I first started watching the show.

Yes, I know that. :stuck_out_tongue: The majority of the Nameks have names that are insect puns, and a lot of other shit. Each race, iirc, usually sticks to puns of a certain something (usually english puns! PROTECT MY BALLS! ).

As for the votes, keep 'em coming. :slight_smile:

Gee, guys, want some cheese to go with all that WHINE? :hahaha;

Anyway, I was just pointing the fact that Gokku’s English name should be CARROT. Though I agree that it sounds horrible. (In Spanish it would have been even WORSE: Zanahoria!!)
:eek:

You’re not funny… at all.

And no, it shouldn’t. Its a fucking pun, not the exact word. Carrot in Japanese is ninjin.

Well, the names have a little bit to do with each other in that case :stuck_out_tongue:

My father used to call Kakarotto “culo roto” every time he saw it. Never stopped bugging me with that pun until the show ended.

Broken ass… lol. Tu papa es un loco mono :stuck_out_tongue: