Dragon Quest. Now with Super Robots!? o.0

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173977

Discuss.

Editor’s Note: I’m going to be pissed if this is what they’ll be calling Blood of Bahamut out here.

Maybe an SRPG game, ala FFT? I mean, there’s a wealth of unique Dragon Quest baddies they could use for it.

But it could be something else entirely…

That’s what I’m thinking.

If it were an actual DQ game it would most likely use the same font as the rest of the DQ series. Plus Wars isn’t something that seems likely for any DQ game to use (unless it was either an SRPG, a crossover game (maybe an XRPG to coin a sub-genre), or an MMORPG). And if it were a DQ game I doubt it would be an MMO since IX is already trying for the MO part. Also a XRPG wouldn’t be likely either since most DQ characters can really be broken down into their classes.

Of course who’s to say that it couldn’t be a general SE crossover game (DQ vs. FF perhaps o.0 )?

Dragon Quest with Super Robots would be cool, but I think Spoony’s assessment is much more likely.

No clue what this is. Seems to have came out of left field. SRPG may be likely, but who knows?

I doubt that, but I think a DQ Tactics would be cool. They aready have a fairly complex class system in place ala DQVI/VII.

That given I’m still waiting form a FFT2 done right on a current gen, non-handheld system.

Originally Posted by BahamutXero
[i]
Quote:

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Killmore View Post
[i]That’s what I’m thinking.

If it were an actual DQ game it would most likely use the same font as the rest of the DQ series. Plus Wars isn’t something that seems likely for any DQ game to use (unless it was either an SRPG, a crossover game (maybe an XRPG to coin a sub-genre), or an MMORPG). And if it were a DQ game I doubt it would be an MMO since IX is already trying for the MO part. Also a XRPG wouldn’t be likely either since most DQ characters can really be broken down into their classes.

Of course who’s to say that it couldn’t be a general SE crossover game (DQ vs. FF perhaps o.0 )?[/i]

I doubt that, but I think a DQ Tactics would be cool. They aready have a fairly complex class system in place ala DQVI/VII.

That given I’m still waiting form a FFT2 done right on a current gen, non-handheld system. [/i][/QUOTE]

If this were to be the case I would hope that they use III/VI’s model and stay away from the 54 classes of redundancy of DQVII.

Besides this wouldn’t be the first time characters from both DQ and FF appeared in the same game.

IMHO I’d rather see either a new TO or a new VS game than FFT2.