Don't watch Samurai Deeper Kyo

Plot: Samurai Deeper KYo takes place in the Sengoku Era at the Battle of Sekigahara where two swordmen Kyo and Kyoshiro dueled and died from a meteor impact. Kyoshiro survived with amnesia but Kyo’s body is destroyed and assimilated with Kyo.

Review: For those of you who are fans of the manga, prepare to be mildly disappointed because this anime just fails and falls off a cliff. I’ll make this short.

Pros: Script rewrite so that it can be an entirely different plot from the manga

Cons: Too many uses of still images

Music: 3/5
Meh. Decent. Not too special. Uses electric guitars in the wrong places.

Characters:1/5
Hardly any character development and pretty much uses the “Monster of the Week Scam”. Even the monsters who had a huge history with the main characters hardly get any development.

Plot: 2/5
Too slow paced. That’s about it. That is everything.

Coherence: 3/5
The story does make complete sense if you can get passed the filler

Overall: 2/5
If you never heard of the series but want to see it, I suggest reading the comic books instead.

You’re literally the only person I’ve ever seen that’s had anything negative to say about it.

I havent seen it myself, but after hearing so many good thing about it, with you being the only exception, I still want to see it.

I also think it is horrible

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was just all right. I thought the story was just a little too out there, and I’m all about some suspension of disbelief.
I probably won’t watch it again, but I don’t consider it a waste of time as I have some other things I’ve seen. :smiley:

The animation was horrible. They show a black screen and a white cut, then they show the bad guy cut apart

A lot of shows have that problem

SDK is awesome!!! Don’t piss off Kyo!!!

I really tried to like it, but it just seemed like they got lazy in production

As i said before:
SDK Manga > SDK Anime

Period.

I admit the Manga is better