Don't it figure...

Every Sunday I check through the classifieds in hope for finding a job.

I found a rather interesting one about Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, one that offered training, and was open to anyone between 18 and 34 with a high school diploma.

So I go for it.

Who do I call?

The <i>Navy recruitment office</i>.

Now, it wouldn’t be too bad (besides my rather distaste of being in the military afer being a dependent for 18 odd years). I got turned down because I’m 5’9 and 280 pounds. Ah well.

In retrospect, I should have realized it when it requested the willingness to relocate at the employer’s expense.

Those sneaky bastards are getting better and better everyday!

Hey now… that’s gettin’ on touchy grounds… The navy recuiter called ME, I didn’t have to call him. And you’d be amazed what they teach these guys to do in order to get people to sign up.

Jeez, that sucks, Spaz. pets the kitty

Oh, and FGM, did that really happen? That’s a little odd. O_o

Some employers get a little touchy/picky with applicants, which is never a good idea; especially because the applicant will probably give a bad review of the employer to others.

The marine recruiter used to call me too. He told me my life would suck if I didn’t join.

Originally posted by Frameskip
The marine recruiter used to call me too. He told me my life would suck if I didn’t join.

Yeah, recruiters say ANYTHING to get you to join. Recruiters are assholes. Heck, I like my drill instructors MUCH more than my recruiter.

He was nice until I told him I was already enrolled in college, then he said that and he would call back in 2 years.

i have found an advantage of still being 14, then…

i don’t have to put up with this.

Me too. There aren’t guys like this in our country (Hell our army sucks. Our pilots kick ass but there’s a HUGE lack of equipment.)

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
[b]i have found an advantage of still being 14, then…

i don’t have to put up with this. [/b]

Yeah go us young’ens:D

Accually it did Omega, but only because I had already discussed it with my mother that I was going military after high school.

Plus, don’t worry all of you who are still ‘young’, you’ll have to put up with it sooner than you think… MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:o

Sio I’ve heard. As far as I’ve heard, the recruiters about about three steps away from fanatics.

But still, if it works, and the military is a pretty steady option.

But the military is not for me.

Bah. Air conditioning. You could have done better man.

(will not mention he is currently employed by a small-scale grocery store).

Maybe, but it would have paid.

All military branches called me until I told one of them (the army I think) that I had asthma and that I needed an inhaler at some point after running or getting hot. They quit calling after that.

Dammit, I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out hon. Good luck for next time you find something, at least.

Ah well. I’ll be looking around today. shaes heaD COuld lose our cable soon if we don’t.

Originally posted by Frameskip
He was nice until I told him I was already enrolled in college, then he said that and he would call back in 2 years.

They’re nice until you get to boot camp and then you realize how they screwed you over. Me, I got screwed over by his dishonesty. Recruiters are like car sales men, they tell you anything and everything they think will get you to join. Most of the time in involves being very nice.

Or in my case, what they don’t tell you. For all the stuff they don’t know, they’ll make up things. But I have respect for my recruiter. There were a lot of things he didn’t tell me about, and for that I’m not going to kill him. Then again… I didn’t ask too many questions either.