Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut

But he wasn’t a normal kid. All of this supernatural stuff was stated behind the scenes, like him being a chosen one with 4th dimensional powers. That’s not being a normal kid. I think the director’s cut will shed light where it shouldn’t be, since Donnie Darko, when not bogged down with the insane amount of information tied into the plot, can very well be left to your own interpretation. And now, if this is some sort of explaination or a movie that will have scenes that answer lots of those questions, then that’s like taking the magic away.

Watching Donnie Darko on your own, with no information whatsoever will just get you a weird, but kind of mystical movie.

Watching Donnie Darko will the knowledge and after reading the Philosophy of Time Travel and going to the website will make it a lot clearer, but that’s always an option. You don’t need to view all of the behind the scenes material, and there’s a hella lot that you’ll miss.

My point being with this whole director’s cut, a lot of those answers may become too blunt.

EDIT: Ignore this if it sounds weird. I don’t know what a director’s cut consists of, so I kinda went off on a tangent without really knowing what I was talking about.

Typically, a directors cut is simply just the deleted scenes fed back into the movie. And, from the deleted scenes that are on the DVD, it just kind of force feeds the plot to the viewer. I thought it was much more mystical and enjoyable on its own.

Why is this friggin thread still active? Donnie Darko stopped being cool like 4 days ago!

hey bitch, why didnt you say bitch, bitch? bitch, did you know we can say bitch? bitch bitch bitch, see, bitch? bitch

Uh, I was trying to show tact, bitch.

And, honestly, I always have a hard time quoting that line. It’s funny and all, but I just feel bad for that character, cause she didn’t deserve it.

Damn right, I always felt bad for Cherita. Makes me wish the site said what happened to her…

Oh okay, thanks. I agree then :slight_smile: