Does Anyone Remember FF7?

Im now using Cloud, Tifa and Red XIII. I was trying out Cid, but he just doesnt seem to work into the conversation mixture as much. I like the disturbed Cloud having his best friend try to make sense of his …well…strange behaviour. And well…everyone needs a pet…and that’s Red XIII! Well, he’s more spiritual and a great fighter/shaman.

Caesu

I don’t hate Yuffie for the materia stealing, I like it since it fleshes out her character/background more. She just bugs me. That and my boyfriend thinks she’s cute :frowning:

cries inside

Right on, man. I always use that party. Cid rocks so fucking much.

Personally, I prefer to have a team of Cloud, Tifa and Vincent. That way you have the big sword warrior, the beautiful fighting women, and the vampire/monster mystery man.

Ya just can’t beat a team like that.

It’s like you saying does anyone remember cheese.

the one thing i dislike about ff7, there aren’t much difference in the characters to me. There is no real person that is horrible to use, and besides cloud, everyone is pretty close to the same. the only real thing that sets them apart is occasional stat differences that don’t matter too much, limits, which end up having some shared by others, and appearance, which makes the choice for me. but Vincent all the way.

I liked Yuffie too, mostly because she was a ‘materia thief/ninja’, threw origami, and had a big fucking boomerang on her back. That’s my kinda girl: one with a boomerang.

My party usually contains Cloud, Cid, and either Vincent or Yuffie.

My favorate team was always Cloud, Cid and Yuffie, though I did use Barret quite a bit as well.

Cosmo Memory only does 9,999 damage, you’re better off going with Cid’s. His is amazing.

Taken out of context, this would sound incredibly stupid. I don’t mean anything by this, I just find it funny to think of many people’s reactions to ‘Only 9,999’.

However, given that I know the game’s damage system, I completely agree.

Looks at thread title againTrys to stop self from rolling on the floor laughing

I… don’t get it? Isn’t Nine,NineNineNine the maximum? How can you go wrong with that?

Sorry, my nine key is fucked.

9999 is the maximum damage a single attack can make, but there are ways to do multiple attacks such as Omnislash. For example, Knights if the Round causes around 6000 damage several (I don’t remember how many) times.

So far, the only single hit I’ve seen that causes more than 9999 is Eden in FF VIII.

And even thought it’s out of topic, I proclaim again that Ark is the stupidest and most unnecessarily long Summon in the whole series. The thing strikes twice, yet it only does 9999 once and it takes a whole minute to complete.

Well at least while it’s being summoned, you can go and get yourself a drink, or something. Or just have a quick break, to check what’s on tv.

THAT is the really purpose of Ark.

I was playing the game last year, before going to school (6:30 AM, I had just woken up). I had Dagger summon Ark, went to make coffee, brushed my teeth and combed my hair and the fugging thing WASN’T OVER YET.

I can see why FF is so popular. I wish I jumped on this ship when it first sailed off :x FF7 is amazing (at least I think so!). Just one question. Is there a way to see the ingame FMV instead of carefully saving along the way before they happen? Can they be downloaded?

Caesu

Go here and download the utility “PSMPlay”. It’ll allow to tear appart all the contents in each CD.

EDIT: And I don’t mean anything by this, but maybe you would be interested in reading it :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome aboard. As for FF7 spinoffs, we might get an overdose soon. Call 911.

I replayed the game recently (finished about 2 weeks ago) and i still hear that song and see the SuperNova attack in my dreams (nightmares?).

I believe that thread (off topic many times) was the most popular on FFC, ever. 171 posts, over 1700 views.
FF7, love it or hate it.

The fact that it was started by me in one of my less cynical moods makes me feel good.