Do you like flying on a Griffon? I do.

I’m not defending Blizzard as if they were gods nor claiming that they do everything perfectly. Its just that when people start picking fights over a game they havent played and then say I’m a stupid fan boy or that I’m running my mouth off I tend to get a little defensive. Excuse me for feeling that some of the arguments being made against a game people havent played yet seem “Incompetent”. My bad.

We’re not calling you a fanboy because you’re excited about WoW; you look like a fanboy because you make threads dedicated to screenshots that a vast majority of us have seen before. There’s even a video on Gamespot that shows the griffon flying across Lordaeron and Azeroth that someone posted here, so that’s not new or anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

This one guy, Gizmaluke, a well known Xbox fanboy, used to post up to the moment character concept art on SW: KotOR and Halo 2, so you can see where we get that idea from.

Ah, well then, I can see that people (for the most part) could care less to see how the game is progressing, with comentary by someone you know instead of random screens from Gamespot. I just THOUGHT that there were a couple people out there who actually cared what blizzard was up to and were thinking “Hmm, I wander how that stress test is going…”

But seeing as how I got a total of 2 possitive posts and the rest were blasting me for what I was trying to show you guys, I’ll quit posting pics.

The thing is, they save as Targa files so I have to upload each image into photoshop and resize and save as JPG to show them off. So it did take a little work to bring them to you guys. And because of that, I will cease my efforts.

And a slight edit: I miss counted, there are 9 classes (oooh big whoopty doo, right?)

Meh, i’ll stay out of the argument of this and just say what my experience was like with this game. A friend of mine got the stress test and invited me over so I played it for a bit.

I started a Undead Warlock and as soon as I started I was already on a quest. Doing that quest got me 4 more quests for stuff and in all that time I was never underleved at all. That is what I like most about WoW, sure I wasnt really that high of level, but I always had a quest to do and I knew who would give me a quest, rather in FFXI where you have to talk to random people in hopes to get a quest and when you get a quest you might not be able to do it cause you are to weak.

The only one gripe I have about WoW atm is that I could never find a key that would target a monster for me to battle, I always had to move my hand on the mouse then click on him. Unless I missed a hotkey to do that, they should make one so you only have to use the mouse for camers control.

No one said the game was good BECAUSE of the griffons. Izlude said that it was a GOOD GAME that HAPPENED to include griffons. Also, pull your head out of your ass. A well-designed GAME is a game which is FUN AND ENJOYABLE.

I know I was going out of line, and I apologize. But I was surprised at how Iz reacted to my initial post. It was an opinion, sheesh. Cool down.

I’d like to point out that all your mothers are whores, and that I may try this game out.

I actually had the same problem, but then I pushed ESC and looked up that command, assigned it to a button that I wanted (one of my 4 mouse buttons for easy clicking) and have had little to no issues since then.

That may help you, changing the buton configs to somthing more suitable to your playing style somthing I’m glad they put in the beta (because lineage II’s beta’s controlls were set in stone, unless I couldnt find the options to change it)

Okay, maybe, just maybe, people would take you more seriously if you didn’t sound so biased. I mean “Blizzard = Good Games, so why NOT get OMFG LOL BBQ excited over a Blizzard MMORPG?” Nuh-uh. Try again without sounding like a raving fanboy.

All games have their flaws. Fact.

Try promoting the game with a more objective view and we just might listen. If you intend to convince anybody that this game is awesome, which you obviously do, give us both the good and bad.

I play FFXI. The party system is awesome and group quests are fun if chaotic and it’s incredibly fun to do your job well and see the party performing smoothly. Oh, but there’s a little problem. MMOs are the cesspools of the internet so chances are you’ll have to party with at least one idiot. But otherwise, it’s great.

Everyone else I’ve talked to about it says it’s fun but they’re not without complaints. Alliance and Horde can’t communicate for a while until you learn the other language (Yeah, it’s for roleplaying. I care. I really do.) IF I’ve got a friend who wants to play Horde and I play Alliance I can’t talk to him? That’s bullshit. If they wanted to make them unable to communicate for RP purposes they could simply make NPCs of the other group incomprehensible until you learn the language. Being unable to communicate with other players is a stupid idea. A lot of people have also complained that this along with other ideas basically force the groups to fight each other. What if you want to play with your friends but they want to play a class that’s horde exclusive?

Multiple classes are standard, by the way. The fact that race can prevent class selection also lessens the appeal of 9 classes. I’ve also heard complaints that class roles aren’t so clear cut that partying’s much more effective than soloing.

Objectivity’ll get you more credibility. And interest from more than the fanbase that counts the days till release.

I understand that point, and I ran into that when I made an undead character. However, I really feel that it is more possitive than negative. If you had friends who could communicate via Horde / Alliance chat youd run into some SERIOUS metagaming that could ruin it for other people. Heres how.

Theres this thing called general chat, usually set to a /1 channel. In this chat people can talk about pretty much anything out of game. Organize raids and so forth. Thats where this is going, btw. Raids.

Player A (for alliance) is in Stormwind City, hanging out with his human friends and enjoying his time as a good guy. But he has a friend who happens to be undead, named Player H (for Horde! OMG!). Now player A is a good guy and he cares about his friends, so when he hears news that the guys at Stormwind are about to raid the city of “The Undercity” (undead stronghold) then he obviously sends a message to his friend. “Oh noes!” says Player H, “I better get out of here before they arrive and PWN me!”. As he runs he warns some people “Look out! Alliance warriors are inboundz!” and so all the horde guys go “Huh? How the fuckles do you know that? braaaains…” (gotta add the undead fun).

“My buddy in Stormwind just told me!”

That my friend, is why evil characters and good characters should NOT be allowed to talk. Because while its cool for friends, it SUCKS having your plans shit all over because a HUMAN PALADIN cares about his UNDEAD WARLOCK friend out of game. Which is bullshit.

Is that reason good enough? I like to think that they thought about stuff like this before limiting somthing for players that would SEEM like a better thing.

Side note: In World of Warcraft, the Horde HATESES the Alliance and vice versa. They wouldnt play togather. At some line (for the stability of the game) people need to decide what they value more. And besides, you can play ANY class between the races that are on each side. Except Druids and Shamans, but really…the way its set up, Druid = Shaman so theres no complaints there.

Actually, this is the first and only MMORPG that I’ve seen that includes something as cool as flying around on a Griffon. I don’t see any other MMORPGs with a Starfox minigame built into them :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I see your point with that Izlude. But what about the rest? :stuck_out_tongue:

And Lineage II allows you to raise your own dragon. In intermediate stages you can ride it as a mount and in its final form you can fly around on it.

Its more of a rollercoaster ride than a minigame. But because of all the screenshots you’ll PROBABLY take, its very much like pokemon snap… lol

So far I dont know so much about mounts, playing a Paladin I was kinda interested then i switched to Rogue and havent really thought about it.

From what I HAVE seen though, you can at the very least get Horses. I’ll bet that you’ll eventually get some sort of flying creature, I mean, the Nightelves had those badass dragons in WC3. But like I said, I’ve only been digging in at the bare bones of the game so far.

Question, would you all be interested if I did a thread describing the battlesystem of the game? I know alot of people are wondering how it’s better than other games in that factor.

What’s to stop the players from phoning a friend, IMing a friend, or learning the other language? Blizzard might as well get rid of it, IMO, and either offer penalties for those that give away this kind of information.

And Lineage II sounds like a fairly modern MMORPG then :stuck_out_tongue:

God, yes :stuck_out_tongue: I hope it’s not as bad as FFXI’s >>;

Ok, well hmm… how to put the battle system…

In a way it is sorta like FFXI’s system, but let me explain. Lets say your in some random field or whatever with a monster in it. To fight him you have to Right click on him ( I haven’t found the hotkey yet) and then you will start to go towrds him and attack. when you get up to him you can use your hotkeys for skills, a.k.a the numbers on the top of your letter keys. Also if you have a pet you can set him to be eaither agressive, passivs or defensive. For him to attack on passive you have to use Crtl+1 when you have targeted a monster for it to help you attack him. Pets can also learn skills and they level up with you, but I won’t get into them to much cause we are talking about battles.

If anyone wants to correct me go ahead, but this is how I remember it from my experience playing it.

Griffin.

No one cares enough but you.

Its mostly correct, except a little misleading, When you see the mob you can indeed right click them to start up the auto attack function (common of MMORPGs). Upon doing so, you’ll take an aggressive stance and just stand there. You can, at his point move around just as freely as if you were not attacking somthing. If you choose to run up to the mob your attacks will start taking effect when you are in range. If you prefer to use a thrown weapon (like I do as a rogue) to pull. Just push the hotkey that you assign it to. The character throws said dagger and the enemy starts coming at ya.

For me, as a rogue (and this is really fun, btw) I’ve been doing this ALOT:

~Agrias throws Dagger
~Mob runs towards her
~Agrias starts attacking
~Mob also attacks (duh)
~Agrias uses “Gouge” (this is just what it sounds like, you stab them in the fucking eye. They are now disoriented for 4 seconds.)
~Agrias runs around behind the mob.
~Agrias uses “Backstab” (Crap tons of damage to the back of an enemy, but you knew that didnt you?)
~Enemy wakes up from the attack.
~Rinse and repeat.

Another fave is this.
~Agrias uses stealth (become REALLY hard to see as long as I’m to the side or behind the mob)
~Agrias walks up behind mob.
~Agrias uses “Garrote” (Fuck tons of damage to an enemy who is NOT initiated in combat. You stand there slitting thier throat for like 20 seconds while they squirm and blood shoots out of thier neck… its awesome.)

Yeah, Rogue combat is fucking great.

Can you only fly on a griffin? Can you ride other stuff too? On land?

Yes you can, usually depending on what race you are. Some of the other flyers are, Wind riders, zepplins and Bats? ( sorry can’t remember undead one) For land you have what they like to call Mounts. All the info you need for mounts is here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/mounts.shtml