Disc 2 crash?

I’m having a problem w/ my game. I’ve got to the part where Selphie and 2 others are to go to the missile base. I went to Galbadia first to upgrade my weapons. I saved inside, not making a duplicate outside, and now whenever I leave the city, it locks on a black screen with the overworld music playing. Any suggestions? Disc looks like crap, but I bought it prev. owned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Get a new disc. Best advice I can give, unfortunately.

Have you tried one of those CD repair kits? Check out an HMV or something to pick one up.

Yep, sounds like the disc malfunctioned. I figure that PS1 discs are pretty easily damaged beyond playability, at least in my experience.

If you’re using a PS1, try turning it on its side instead of flat. Unlikely fix to your problem, but you never know.

If he has a modded PS and gets the malfunctioning disc off the net he’s technically legal as he already has the game, no? (If second hand ownership is legal, that is).

My PS1 is actually permanently lying face-down and placed diagonally with one side on the surface and the other against a wall, which is the only way it can work without a hitch. Now can someone explain to how the hell do the physics of this contraption work in a way that makes this kind of placement actually able to fix something?

I remember when the PS2 first came out and Sony kept saying to set up on its side, vertically.

I think they were just bragging that you could though. Several years of horizontal and no problems on my end :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that’s what I thought too, but even EB employees were recommending standing it up to fix disc read problems. Of course, that never stopped me from just setting the PS2 horizontally; it just fell down too easily either other way.

That’s pretty funny! And sorry…I couldn’t even begin to rationalize that.