Dirge of Cerberus is looking pretty fucking interesting.

WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON MAKING THESE THREADS ABOUT THESE COOL GAMES >:(

So anyway there’s a new trailer showing a bunch of cinematics and gameplay footage. So far it looks like the shooting will be Resident Evil 4-style over-the-shoulder cam and the swordplay will be a pseudo-Devil May Cry style thing with what looks like a targeting ring like ZoE had. Here’s what we know so far;

[ul][li]Based after Before Crisis (no duh) and featuring the main baddie from it, which is pretty fucking bizzare since no-one outside Japan will ever play that. The non-final boss villains look pretty cool though.
[/li]
[li]The plot is based around the Deep Core Soldiers, who apparently are insurgent-type dudes Shinra buried under the ground ages ago, and now they’re back and want to fuck shit up.
[/li]
[li]Said soldiers spent the entire FFVII game having a huge ultimate deathmatch tournament underground and now believe the rest of the world is too weak to be allowed to continue.
[/li]
[li]Reeve is in charge of the World Restoration Organisation (WRO) and gets shot in the back at one point OH NO. :open_mouth:
[/li]
[li]Most of AVALANCHE feature as NPCs. Cait Sith is an exception and will have his own stealth level.
[/li]
[li]Cid commends his own FLEET of airships and one part of the game will see you airdropped into Midgar amindst AA-fire :open_mouth:
[/li]
[li]Gackt is doing the theme for the game and will be in it as well as an NPC
[/li]
[li]There will be flashbacks to Vincent’s life as a Turk (oh god i hope this means Reno and Rude are in it).
[/li]
[li]You’ll be able to tear ass up as Vincent’s demon-modes FUCK YEAH!
[/li][/ul]

And a couple of new character bios (copied verbatim from dirgeofcerberus.net’s pages);

Shalua Rui
Genius scientist of the WRO Engineering Department. It seems that she fought against Shinra before joining the WRO, and it’s said that her left arm and portions of her insides have been replaced with artificial ones.

Rosso
Her entire body dyed red with blood, the member of “Zvet” who is known as “Red Rosso”. With the agility of a leopard, she lets loose blades of air. She is both cruel and emotionally unstable. She dreams of slaughtering all of mankind.

I was pretty disappointed when I heard about some of this originally (specifically Gackt being in it UGH) but after watching the video I’m getting some of my excitement back.

I share the sentiment, but there’s a problem: Vincent was already a full fledged Turk years before Sephiroth was even born. Unless Reno and Rude are a lot older than they seem, it’s not likely.

YES! This is exactly what interested me the most, bravo Squeenix, bravo.

Gackt? Why?

Gackt as in http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showpost.php?p=371031&postcount=8
And it will confuse quite a few to see what appears to be Squall in FF7 game.

My PC can’t run the Video properly with sound synced. I’ll try with my other PC later.

When you say Avalanche you mean the FF7 PC’s, Minus Aerith off course, Right?

Yah, I definitely wanna play this…if not for the gameplay, the Vincent and the loverly graphics, then for the Gackt. :3

i seem to remember posting this game earlier and everyone complained about how it was gonna be a shitty game.

Gackt is doing the music? That’s horrible. Not that I’ve heard any of his music before, but I can only imagine…

Uh, dude, check out the main forum, I posted one there.