Dial-Up, DSL, Cable, T1, T2, T3

It’s an experimental TCP that they’re estimating will be able to transfer data at approximately 3 gigs/second, which is roughly 6000 times the average DSL line. It’ll be quite expensive when it starts off though.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
It’s an experimental TCP that they’re estimating will be able to transfer data at approximately 3 gigs/second, which is roughly 6000 times the average DSL line. It’ll be quite expensive when it starts off though.
3 GB/Sec?

::Starts drooling::

I did a Google search on it, but nothing came up. It’ll probably be like $200/month when it first comes out.

Xelo, please keep me updated when/if you hear more!

I bet pirates will be hungry for this then.

rolls eyes

Don’t forget that Internet connections are only as fast as the servers can send. Until servers start getting connections that fast, you still won’t be able to download anything faster than you’re getting now.

I’ve got cable recently and I love it. Here the cable company has this first 5 months only $25 a month after the 5 months its like 40 or 50 but you’re getting the modem too so its fair enough. The only thing I had to get was an ethernet card for my computer which was pretty easy to put in.

I used to use phone-based dialup, but it was slow AND full of bugs. I switched to cable-based DSL and it is cheaper (I pay about 15$ over my monthly Cable bill) AND it is faster and better! Try to go that way if you can.

So around how much is the service in total because if its a good price i might just change to it.

I have cable and I love it. It’s so much better than the dial up I had.

Mastermune: I’m using the latest Centennial Cable TV + Internet package. I don’t remember the exact details because I don’t have my bills at hand (and I have extra stuff, so I pay ABOVE the average Cable Bill.) I’ll try to find it later. Or, you could just phone Centennial, I think they have a free number.

Thanks Willfredo i will check it out.

Well we have Blueyonder Broadband and it’s about £25 ($36 odd) a month and it beats the crap outta dial up.