Deus Ex 2 is so awesome

oh yeah, I beat the game a week or so ago; it didn’t seem to be as long as Deus Ex the first was. My reasoning for this is because of the need to port it to the frickin’ PS2 and X-Box.

So, which ending was your favorite then, Merlin? I found all except the Templars had their good points, somewhat like in the original, but personally, I would say the Omars were my choice. Sure, it ended badly for humanity, but at least we were free to make our own mind, and survive the best we could on our own personal terms.

Overall I found the endings to be very similar to the first game; which was sort of disappointing. You could blow out technology, achieve a higher philosophical (or evolutionary with the Omar) state, or work with the secret rulers of mankind.to slowly improve and control the world; kinda like the Tong, Helios and Illuminati endings of the first game. Personally, I found all the endings to be kind of distasteful, but I think I have to put my faith in the Dentons and choose their ending as the “best” one. The Second Enlightenment has a good ring to it. Also, did you know there’s a fifth ending? It’s more of a goofy fun thing than a serious one, I can tell you how to get it if you want.

Man, but if there’s one thing the Deus Ex series has taught me, is that the future doesn’t look too bright for mankind.

Yeah… but that is one of the points of the games, it seems… nothing is really good or evil, its always a balance between personal gain and your own personal intentions…

Yeah, I got the funny ending… still haven’t read all the quotes, though.

They need 1.2 already. I don’t care what gun you have- you cannot shoot a man in the face from 10 feet away and have him live. And you can’t sneak up behind people and knock them out in 1 hit it seems. In DX1, you could sneak up behind them and crowbar them, and they’d be unconscious. Now, you need the energy blade, 3 str augmentation, and they still don’t always die. It gets annoying when I run out of ammo even though I’ve been getting headshots.

And I’d like slightly better physics. They’re fun, but everything seems to have the same properties. An oil drum flies like a cardboard box. …but I still like throwing stuff at people >_>

I have a major problem with the characters they brought back. First, I didn’t picture JC as the kind of guy that would join with an AI and try to turn mankind into the borg. For all his talk about human rights and democracy in the first game, he’s real quick to want to involuntarily turn everyone into cyborgs. And Paul and Tong seem to have come down with a major inferiority complex; they just do whatever JC tells them to. Sorry, but I want to bean the guy at Eidos who came up with the fate for the Dentons.

I dunno Galloway, over the course of the first game JC comes across an awful lot of reasons and examples why the present world was falling apart.

Actually, d… its rather hard saying who JC is or was in the first game… he was pretty much you, and his attitude followed your directions. While I admit his arguements usually lead to the ideals you stated, there was always room for your own input into his thoughts.

As for Paul, helping Helios seems to be right for him… I always pictured him as equalist, someone not caring about the government or who was in control, as long as it was fair, and every human being was treated equally. Hell, he pushed for the Helios ending in the first game even, if he was alive.

I could see your problems with Tong… this new guy is a big change from the techno anarchist from the first game… but, judging from the scar across his face, I would say he had been through a lot. Confirmed by saying he was a lot like Billie Adams twenty years ago. Hmmm… might make a good story…

But, I was dissappointed and surprised by Charles Dumaire… when did the leader of Shiloute become a new Morgan Everett? That doesn’t seem to fit him at all.

Originally posted by PC Glenton
[b]

I could see your problems with Tong… this new guy is a big change from the techno anarchist from the first game… but, judging from the scar across his face, I would say he had been through a lot. Confirmed by saying he was a lot like Billie Adams twenty years ago. Hmmm… might make a good story…

But, I was dissappointed and surprised by Charles Dumaire… when did the leader of Shiloute become a new Morgan Everett? That doesn’t seem to fit him at all.

I understand why Tong changed somewhat. He told JC to destroy the net and all technology, and saw first-hand the destruction it caused. Also, it looks like he had some face issues besides that scar; it may just be a pallete error, but some of his skin looks fairly young and healthy, while the rest of his face looks like it went through a grain thrasher. However, the problem was how he was now acting like JC was so high above him, when he treated him somewhat like an equal in the first game.

And I read online that Everett was SUPPOSED to be the leader of the Illuminati, but I guess Eidos wanted to change the leadership and give Chad a bigger role than he had in the first game (they did the same thing to Nicollete). Besides, Everett was pretty fucking old in DE1, so it’s possible he died somewhere along the way.