DC++

I’m having issues with DC++… It was working fine before we got home networking installed, so I’m thinking it has something to do with my router. All I’ve been getting is “connection timeouts” when I try to access the public hub list or download from users. Is this possibly because I’m behind a firewall? I tried to follow the directions on the dc++ webpage, but I have no clue what my login name/pw is for the router, and besides that I don’t even know if that’ll fix the problem. Soo… yeah. If anyone could help me out, I’d really appreciate it. ^^

The public hubs list has a LOT wrong with it. Sometimes it just won’t be there, other times it’ll be forbidden, others it’ll be half-done. Usually they (whoever the mysterious ‘they’ are) fix it within a day or so.

Your router’s IP is <em>probably</em> “192.168.0.1,” so just put that in your webbrowser’s address bar, and you should be able to access the router’s controls.

If you’ve never logged into your router before, try “admin” for the username and leave the password blank.

If that doesn’t work, look on the back of your router for a reset button, depress that button for about 15 seconds, then log into your router and reconfigure all the settings.

Thanks guys. I was able to log into my router’s controls… I messed around with port forwarding, so now I can d/l stuff from the hubs I have saved in my favorites… but I STILL can’t access the public hub list. Now it says “404 forbidden” or something like that. This is a constant thing, so I think it’s still a problem on my end. :\ Not sure what to do now… I followed all the instructions on the dc++ website… Anybody have any ideas?

It’s been happening with everyone. Just wait…

That’s why you’re supposed to /fav a dozen or so hubs that allow you access, so you still have access to them when the list goes down.

U LUZ!

I just got internet in my apartment a couple days ago, so yeah… :stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t know I had to rush like a madman and save 'em all. Anyway… since it’s happening to everyone… I guess I can stop worrying. In the meantime, does anyone want to share the addresses of some hubs?