David Blane, NASA, and a two week execution order. It's the NEWS, stupid!

Ok, so there are a lot of fugged up things in the world today, especially on the news. Whether it’s Primetime TV, Night edition, USA Today street magazine, or, as in this topic, the newspaper, you always see at least ONE thing on average that makes you go “WTF?” in your head.

So, I picked out three from our local newspaper here to go over, instead of straight out analyze, as it will become apparent as to why I will not do so.

ONE: People Taunt David Blaine in his Cage

Ok, so Mr. Blaine has been hanging in a glass cage next to London Towers Bridge to fast for about 40 days or so and people are taunting him. Jolly good fun, right? Well, they’re throwing food at him and bringing in all sorts of food odors n’shit to break his fast and hopefully break his supports or something. Waking him up at night, showting at thim, etc.

Now, why did I bother to put this in a topic? Well, I know that humanity in some areas is going to shit, but you don’t see THIS everyday!

that and I’m pissed at Blaine and his supposed affair with Fiona Apple, consider this a bit of personal revenge AHEM

TWO: NASA to smash Galileo into Jupiter to save it’s moon from contamination.

Let’s think about the general gist of it.

NASA is going to purposely crash one of their spacecrafts into bumfucking JUPITER to save one of their moons.

Yeah, it’s fucked, eh?

But wait! Details! They say they have a logical explination for this about how the heat from the explosion will kill off all the bacteria we’ve spread across it’s area. And NASA has said they’ve done this sort of thing before.

IMO, I think NASA got bored with all that tax money they’ve been getting and hasn’t done nothing (useful or no) in the past…six months or so. I mean, there was the whole Columbia thing, but if they didn’t crash, then it was supposed to all go normally, right? People come back, rejoice, carry on. 'cept they didn’t and then there was the whole investigation thing which has died down a bit now…

Ok enough of that.

Now for the biggest event I’ve been waiting for all summer.

MOUNTAIN DEW LIVEWIRE! YOU ONLY HAVE TWO WEEKS LEFT TO LIVE, BITCH! HA HAAAAAAA! THE TIME OF THE CLEANSING HAST HASTED IN IT’S COMING YOU BLASPHMEOUS WHORE-SPAWN OF PEPSI COLA!!!

insert semi-humurous picture of a can of Mountain Dew livewire being blown up or something, couldn’t make one or find it on google ^ ^;

So YAY FOR GREEN MOUNTAIN DEW!!!

And that’s the snoo.

What’s snoo with you?

Livewire is good, I think it tastes like Flinstones Vitamins with a bit of crush… :moogle:

Yeah, uh, after Shoemaker (sp?) Levy 9, I’d much rather see Galileo crash into Jupiter than a moon, especially if it saves Europa.

Yeah, shut the fuck up please. Europa being contaminated with terran microbes is something NO one wants to see. It would sound a death knell for astrobiology, setting the field back immesurably.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1035935,00.html

(in ref to the magician)

I know Fark.com organized a flash mob to point lasers at Blaine. Besides, the man deserves this torment; organized a mass cult suicide and almost destroyed Washinton DC before the Super Best Friends barely stopped him and his dark machinations (/guessthereferencewin$1000)

That was a good South Park episode, X.

Now… Turn around. Twirls fingers Turn around. Twirls fingers

Excellent work, Semen. snickers childishly

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
I know Fark.com organized a flash mob to point lasers at Blaine. Besides, the man deserves this torment; organized a mass cult suicide and almost destroyed Washinton DC before the Super Best Friends barely stopped him and his dark machinations (/guessthereferencewin$1000)

South Park…

Ahh, David Blaine. When will he realize that what he does is more along the lines of Jackass than David Copperfield?

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
Well, I know that humanity in some areas is going to shit, but you don’t see THIS everyday!

I went to London once. I will not be going again. At least, not for long enough to be contaninated.

This might sound stupid, but who’s David Blaine and why is he in a cage? O_o

A. Magician
B. Publicity

Then I get the picture, I’m afraid.

Haw funny thing about David Blaine. He made an oath saying that he won’t have any human contact for 40 days.

Less than 24 hours into it and they move the crane so he can talk to and shake hands with a journalist.

PUBLICITY WHORE!

i hope someone snipes david blane, and his corpse lays in its stupid cage for a month. i hate that man.

This is where its at.

/rant on

As a magician I can say David Blaine is lame. He is a publicity whore and a sub-par magician heh. He doesn’t credit anyone with the tricks he does (None of them are his - they have been around for years) and he uses camera cuts to cut out parts of the effects and make them seem more mystical.

/rant off

Sorry about that =)

: Mr. Oro Smilie says ‘Oro’, and thinks humans are silly.

We would need something the size of the moon to cause the giant planet any harm. Now we’re throwing grain at it.