Damned stumped I am.

I remember distinctly playing a game involving a ninja on the NES which was NOT Ninja Gaiden. It wasn’t action oriented, either. I’d love to just know the title (so that I may, you know, acquire it legally cough).

If anyone has any idea, please answer, 'cause I’ve tried every single ninja-related game on the NES I’ve been able to find, and none of them are the game I’m looking for. Maybe it doesn’t have ninja in the title…anyway, I don’t know.

So, what kind of game was it? That might help narrow it down some. NES + Ninja could = any great number of games.

Well, it seemed like an adventure game/RPG, hence why I insisted on the NOT action.

It’s not Inindo, 'cause Inindo’s on SNES.

Could it have been one of those SuperNinja-or-something games, you know the one with the two ninjas, one in red the other in blue…maybe nobody remembers that one…

I thought there was a Nobunga Oda’s Revenge, or something like that, too. The one where you play as an Iga ninja and unite Japan, or something…

…Was goemon on NES?
Was goemon even a ninja?

Shinobi?

I believe shinobi was Sega… and Action

AHEM…

Look at this
And this
AND this

And my avatar. And my contributor page at GameFAQs. You’re looking at Jack and Ryu’s biggest fan.

By the way, it might have been Little Ninja Brothers. Do you remember anything else about the game? Like, were the battles random, but fully controllable?

Goemon was a ninja. A Mytical Ninja.

And <A HREF="#satsedit">Sega’s Shinobi was on NES, but was published by Atari under the name Tengen</A>. But Shinobi’s an action game, so it probably wasn’t that.

<A NAME=satsedit></A>[edit]
Atari HQ apparently doesn’t allow for external image linking anymore, so the address is <A HREF=“http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/nes/”>http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/nes/</A>, just click “NES Software” in the top left, then scroll down to Shinobi.

Was it perhaps Wrath of the Black Manta?

I don’t know, I hadn’t played in the game far enough to see any battles…but I know it wasn’t Ninja Brothers. Damn fine games, that series is.

Wrath of the Black Manta? I’ll check it out, thanks!

EDIT : Nope, it wasn’t it… but I’m getting closer.