Damn... >_< ;_;

Before asking stupid questions or making stupid remarks, check the site I linked and see how the damn thing works.

Treatment for cardiovascular problems are critical, and the aorta must be monitored for weakness. Drugs can help reduce the stress experienced by the aorta, but surgery may be needed eventually to replace the vessel.

I’d say go for surgery if there is a recent doner.

Alright, another day has risen. How is she today?

Poor girl…

Surgery’s always a last resort. Its not a very nice thing to do. And you don’t need donors to replace stuff like valves and segments of aortas. In fact, entirely aritificial hearts are being designed and tested right now.

I deeply regret hearing about this terrible misfortune… You have my sympathy.

I hope she pulls through, Chris.

Hey, Chris I feel realy sorry that your sister is sick, I hate hearing that sorta thing!!

Well anyway until I hear anything more I’m going to keep my hopes up that she gets better, and so should you.

If it helps you may want to try and get your mind off of it somehow, it may make you feel better, and let you look at things from a fresh angle later on!

So anyway I just have one more thing to say, Good luck!!

Oh Jesus Chris-chris, that sucks…I hope it starts to ease up for her soon. :frowning: Tell her good luck from me.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Surgery’s always a last resort. Its not a very nice thing to do. And you don’t need donors to replace stuff like valves and segments of aortas. In fact, entirely aritificial hearts are being designed and tested right now.

I’m with Sin here. Surgery can be pretty risky in some cases too.

I have an uncle with same disease, he used to complain a lot but now he says he got used to it. I hope she get’s better Chris.

She’s doing better today. Though, she still complains about her chest hurting. Doctors are going to run more test on her on Monday.

I hope everything turns out for the best.

Same here, chris. I hope she’s ok.

As it was already said, ignore your brother and just concentrate on Vicki. Don’t push her, but let her know that you care about her. I’m very glad to hear that she’s feeling better.

Okay, my sister was in the doctors all day being tested. They did blood work on her and didn’t tell my mom anything… of crouse, thats what I think because she refussed to say anything to me… ;_;. All I know is that they are going to run more test on her next week.

Your mom problably doesn’t want you to worry, or as you suspect, they didn’t tell her anything.

Yes, either the tests were inconclusive or your mother wants to avoid leaving you even more nervous about this. But please, be strong and have faith. With some luck, things will be fine. Your sister should be fine after she receives proper treatment, but right now, you need to be strong. When this mess is over, she is going to need all the emotional support she can get.

My sister has to go back to see the doctor on the 6th. But the problem is, is that we aren’t going to have the money to pay up for the bill… so, she isn’t going to go… damn, I feel so useless…

Does your family not have insurance?

I’m sorry about this happening to your sister, but at the same time I’m glad that it’s not something like all of you having it. With the way the inheritance patterns work, it’s not a sure thing for siblings to have it, but there’s that chance. I remember learning about Marfan syndrome in my genetics classes. I think one part that fascinated me was how some people with Marfan, while weakened by their condition, went on to do things like become great basketball and volleyball players.

I know that there is no cure, and I know that it won’t just go away, but I hope that things can be so that your sister can live as normal and healthy a life as possible.