Damn Wordpad. Damn them and their non-word counting abilities!

This somewhat ties into the Homework forum, which was integrated into the main forum.

Okay. I have some small research thing to do, and there is a specific word count. I just fixed my computer by wiping it clean and stuff, so there is no Microsoft Word. Since I’m too fucking tired to actually count the words myself, and as Wordpad doesn’t have a wordcount function, I need someone from the agora to actually c/p this into M$ Word, and use the wordcount function.

Counter culture is expressed in the film as straightforward as possible, making counter culture a bad thing. They insinuate that counter culture promotes violence, and acts against the law. I don't know the standpoint the director has on counter culture, but I don't think they are portraying it as counter culture really is. Sure, the film is from the 50's, but even then I think they should have decent knowledge of what counter culture really is.
The definition for counter culture, as said by users.rcn.com, is "exploring the fuction of the media in an alternate manner, or that which opposes the 'norm'". There are many examples of this in today's society. People trying to be 'punk', or 'cool', by wearing hats to the side, or wear clothing of a single color. Counter culture is about uniquity. People following counter culture want to be different. The film is correct about making the rebel gang different, obviously noting counter culture, but they are also portraying them as violent. Yes, being violent can attribute to counter culture, but I think they are trying to make it out as that violence is bad, and if counter culture is violence, then counter culture must also be bad.
According to filmsite.org, The Wild One has sparked a lot of controversy in the United States. The film was censored to children under 14 years of age. This somewhat relates to the counter culture issue. It might not be true, but I believe that this was an act to try and reduce the viewing of this movie to teenagers, so it would not 'corrupt their lives'. I guess the United States didn't want teens to see it, 'cause they might turn out like Marlon Brando.
In conclusion, I think that people should not try and screen counter culture. Nor should they try to stop it. People have the right to free speech as long as it does not interfere with other people's lives.

Thanks.

You are the laziest fucker alive.

And proud of it.

Fuck, I need 75 more words. Now I have to slave at the computer for a few more minutes.

Ok, great.

Counter culture is expressed in the film as straightforward as possible, making counter culture a bad thing. They insinuate that counter culture promotes violence, and acts against the law. I don't know the standpoint the director has on counter culture, but I don't think they are portraying it as counter culture really is. Sure, the film is from the 50's, but even then I think they should have decent knowledge of what counter culture really is.
The definition for counter culture, as said by users.rcn.com, is "exploring the fuction of the media in an alternate manner, or that which opposes the 'norm'". There are many examples of this in today's society. People trying to be 'punk', or 'cool', by wearing hats to the side, or wear clothing of a single color. Counter culture is about uniquity. People following counter culture want to be different. The film is correct about making the rebel gang different, obviously noting counter culture, but they are also portraying them as violent. Yes, being violent can attribute to counter culture, but I think they are trying to make it out as that violence is bad, and if counter culture is violence, then counter culture must also be bad.
According to filmsite.org, The Wild One has sparked a lot of controversy in the United States. The film was censored to children under 14 years of age. This somewhat relates to the counter culture issue. It might not be true, but I believe that this was an act to try and reduce the viewing of this movie to teenagers, so it would not 'corrupt their lives'. I guess the United States didn't want teens to see it, 'cause they might turn out like Marlon Brando.
Counter culture is expressed today as non-conformity. They go one with another. To be against the culture, you must be not be conforming with the culture.
In conclusion, I think that people should not try and screen counter culture. Nor should they try to stop it. People have the right to free speech as long as it does not interfere with other people's lives. I think after September 11th strike on America, people have been unhappy with others. They try to force others to act as they should, or as the persuayer would. People have the right to act as they like. But even then, it's impossible to be unique. Everyone is unique.

Now how many words is it?

Fuck you, count yourself jackass.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/countwords.shtml

You’re really stretching your excuses to make new threads Setz.

This is the laziest thing I have ever seen. I’ve considerd myself ultra-lazy until just now.

Do you need proof that I don’t have M$ Word? I mean, what the fuck? It’s a simple request, and you blast it for being a post. What about all those other 500 stupid topics? Do you smash them up too?

A BILLION MILLION ZILLION!
And three spelling errors

Did counting them yourself cross your mind? I do it when writing short stories in my English tests, and those are 250 words long, WITH TIME LIMIT!

Your threads generally get locked, don’t they?

You couldn’t possibly prove that, but sure.

This is precisely the reason your postcount keeps dropping.

While you’re at it, damn Adobe Pagemaker, too. mutters friggin worthless memory-eating Quark X-press ripoff…

A) Ten seconds of searching on google would have netted you what you need. Shit I got it on my second try, first link.

B) You never shut up about your damned postcount. Out of all the users on this board you are the ONLY person who gives a shit about it. Your post-count will not make you popular, or funny. When it got deleted you did nothing but whine for what, a week? Why you insist on being an asshole about it I just can’t figure out.

And you wonder why we assume you’re spamming topics. The other stupid threads at least try to be entertaining (well, cept dragonquester) or something.

Hah! I sure showed you!

And Pierson, I didn’t whine at all when my postcount was dropped.

Sorry, I made a mistake.

Sure, if you don’t count “Look out maybe the mods will drop your postcount for no reason at all!” in half a dozen threads as whining.