Da The Vinci Code

It’s been the top of the best-seller lists in Canada for something like three hundred weeks straight.

“More than 60.5 million copies in print (as of May 2006)”- Wiki.

I love the movie’s French cast: Tautou, Reno, Marielle etc. En passent, Jean Reno is one of my favorite actors :wink:
Notwithstanding the negative reaction of some (many?) critics, and boycott threats, this film will hit a financial jackpot.

I think the producers would worry if there weren’t boycott threats and the free publicity they bring with them. Then again it’s publicity for the protesters as well.

I don’t really understand what the big deal is but anyway. I wouldn’t say the book is memorable.

Now Totou and Reno, yeah! Perhaps I’ll go check a Bear movie that is in theaters here.

you’re a fucking moron hades everyone knows baby t-rexes can’t fetch for shit

Well, apparently enough people believe its real for the Church to speak out against it:

The Roman Catholic Church in Italy has spoken out against what it says are “shameful and unfounded lies” in the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code.
Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, Archbishop of Genoa, broke the church’s official silence on the controversial book.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4350625.stm

And I wasn’t speaking out against your religion. I suggest you develop a thicker skin.

damn Pierson, it siad T-Rex. As in, ADULT. DUH! what are you, BLIND?
PS: This is a flame.

Hell, I just want to see Tom Hanks with bad hair.

More like Da The Vinci Code! LOL!!!

Is it possible to wake up laughing?

It’s rather sad where I am actually, half the movie was filmed in my hometown so everybody’s expecting a huge influx of tourists. This means either:

a) a load of disappointed local businessman whinging on local news, or
b) more tourists.

Not particularly happy with either result but there you go.

On another note, does anyone reckon with the release of Da The Vinci Code and everybody reading so deeply into it, Dan brown is set to become the new L. Ron Hubbard? If so, remember you heard it here first. :-p

I could tell from the previews the movie is going to be crap.

Let me guess (I’ve not read the book): there’s too much talking and lots of dramatic “my God [stare slightly to the right of camera]” discovery moments as a reluctant Tom Hanks unravels this bullshit mystery.

THEY CAN IN DREAMS!!!

Okay, now that’s creepy.

Who the heck is L. Ron Hubbard? And Audrey Tautou is in it so it can’t possibly be crap. D:

L. Ron Hubbard is the author of Scientology.

Apparantly, it got shit reviews in Cannes.

Where, by the way, The Wind that Shook the Barley (a film filmed in my very home-town, where my brother has a slighty role :3) will be viewed tonight. Come ooonnn, good reviews.

Keep in mind that many of the best movies are based on shitty books.

Also, I saw a trailer on TV and the song in it was the Song of Nephilim from Xenosaga. wtf?

German Curia Cardinal Sterzinsky said Catholics should watch it and decide themselves what to think of it. I watched it and it’s worse than the book. It’s not a bad movie, but it fails to create excitement. By the way, I’m Catholic, but didn’t feel offended by it. If you can’t distinguish between movies and reality, then :confused:

It’s true! Specifically, it’s Kajiura’s arranged vocal version from Episode II. WTF indeed.

Wow! Is it actually the same piece? I assumed it was a rip-off!