Da The Vinci Code

Albinos, Christians, and more are getting very angry about the release of the Da Vinci Code! :o

shock!

Anything to get on the bandwagon, I suppose.

Why I’m getting flashbacks of when LotR’s Two Towers came out?

Now that I know it pisses people off, I wanna go see it. :smiley:

I’ve been meaning to give the book a read for awhile…might as well do it now.

What happened with Two Towers?

People boycotted it and some people wanted the name changed because it evoked memories of 9/11. Despite the book being written way, way before the incident.

Dito. omgz. :smiley:

My sister keeps going on and on about how badly written the book is. While that’s generally not an automatic indication of how the movie will be, long story short: pass.

I think it’s actually a really well written book, just the way he presents some of the information is done badly.

Also, hate the trailers. Way to ruin it for those who haven’t read the book. Assholes.

I think the population of people who haven’t read the book is now so small I don’t think they care. 8p

I haven’t read it. I think its funny so many Christians are freaking out about it. Then again, its kind of sad that so many people also believe the fictional conspiracies.

I’ve heard the Davinci code is to Catholicism as Jurassic Park is to Paleontology.

I fell asleep watching Jurassic Park the other day and I had a dream that I had a pet T-Rex that acted like a dog. I’d throw something and it would fetch it for me, and when I petted it on the head it smiled and got really happy and made this purring noise. The only problem is that it’d have random fits of trying to fucking kill me. It was a pretty fucked up dream and I woke up laughing my ass off.

I haven’t read it. I think its funny so many Christians are freaking out about it. Then again, its kind of sad that so many people also believe the fictional conspiracies.
I think it’s kind of sad that you’re stupid enough to believe that the protests reflect the opinions of more than a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of christians and that they’re limited to christians only. It’s also kind of fucking irritating that you’re pointing a finger at my religion and, by extension, me. With all due respect, fuck off.

It’s like the extremist Muslims. Because they’re the loudest and most visible, people automatically assume they’re the majority. Now shut up.

With all due respect, chill the fuck out. You’re putting words in his mouth. Curtis said nothing about what fraction of the total of Christians are freaking out. I find it funny, too, how stupid people are that they’re spiritual beliefs are shaken by a fictional story. If I really were concerned for my religious well being, I would have burned my sisters copies of the His Dark Materials trilogy.

That’s about the most apt analogy I’ve heard in a long time.

“Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.” -Marx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Temptation_of_Christ.

On that notice, Aeris dies.

The book itself has been “praised” as the ‘best-borrower’ of the last few years, in which case the amount of people is correct, but it’s not that much of a best-seller?