CyberPowerPC

Anybody ever order anything there before?

I’ve been thinking about a Core 2 Duo DDR3 configuration.

I ordered a desktop from them back in 2001. It worked perfectly until 2005, when the hard drive began to have serious issues. An acquaintance of mine ordered a desktop from them around 2004-2005, and is still using it (although it did require repairs once). Granted, I haven’t really dealt with them for many years, but based on my previous experience, I think they are all right, and they certainly give you a lot of customizability.

Did you see it? Sephiroth Katana just posted. Thats right. Sephiroth_fucking_Katana.

HOLY FUCKING DAMN!

Perhaps we should rename this thread into the SK Makes a Post Thread!

That or a SK Appreciation Thread.

What better endorsement for CyberPowerPC could there be? But anyway, how is your life going? You don’t post here that often either.

It’s nice to know you still check the site, SK. Hope everything’s good with your life. :wink:

Life’s been troublesome, but enlightening. There was that whole getting the girl pregenant, but she wasn’t really pregnant thing; now, my mom just had a lumpectemy (sp?) so she’s recovering from breast cancer. I just got promoted, but my posistion requires safe and personal transportation, so I have to get a car. Troublesome.

However, these events have just proven to me how ill prepared I am and how wasted I feel. I haven’t really done anything yet and it’s finally starting to get to me. That girl “getting pregnant” made me take a hard look at my life and I saw how I can be doing better and just how simple that was to achieve… anyway, enlightening.

However, everything really is pretty good right now, I’m working on it.

What about you?

I think that settles it.

You’re doing well then, congrats.

I MIGHT BE OFF TOPIC, SORRIEZ /HUGS

So, I’ve been doing something glancing around. I like computer games, new and old (especially old), but I can’t say I’m very hardcore. Anyways, do you guys know about two games called…STARCRAFT 2 & DIABLO 3. Since, system specifications aren’t out yet, and probably won’t be out for a while, I still want a system that could handle these games in the near future. With Blizzard’s track record of catering to the less hardcore computers, I’m trying for something a little older and less future-proof.

For starters, I was looking at the Core 2 DD3 Configuration

Default Fan Case
NO Noise Reduction
Power Supply: 420 Watts Standard Case
CPU: Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit
Cooling Fan: INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
Motherboard: GigaByte GA-EP45T-UD3LR Intel P45 Express Chipset LGA775 FSB1600 DDR3/1600 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory
Video Card: THIS IS WHERE I’M AT A LOST…
—ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Default)
—NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB 16X PCI Express (-$14 CHEAPER)
—NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express (-$23 CHEAPER)
NO Dedicated PhysX Card
Video Card Setting: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
Hard Drive: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card
Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

TOTAL: $734

I don’t have a monitor or speakers (kind of a fan of the monitor/speaker hybrid from Dell), might look for a monitor elsewhere, but here…
600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers (+$5)
19" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display - 19" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (+$141)

GRAND TOTAL: $880

Suggestions? Tips?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON’T DO IT” kind of advice?

I would kill (more) for some kind of noise reduction on my clunker of a PC. The damn thing drowns out pretty much all sounds not turned up to 11 every 10 minutes or so, and takes about another minute or two to quiet down. I’m constantly readjusting my sound whenever I’m watching/listening to something (that or I’m pausing it until the roaring dies down).

In other words…

Spend the loving money on some damn noise reduction before you too are driven insane by the constant noise.

I think I’m a little use to the noise. My dying laptop I’m on at the moment, the fan is loud as hell. I do know, I have to turn it off when I go to bed at night.

I knew SK would bail on our hug-out-how-are-you-hijacking of this thread. Weak!

I do apologize. I had actually meant to PM you, but forgot. Let us now derail this thread from its original subject.

I am fine, but tremendously busy. I am currently trying to publish academic papers in applied math, which involves a very exhausting peer review process. One paper appears to be close to being accepted for publication (nine months after I first submitted it), but it is still very uncertain. I have other papers in different stages of the process, so there is a lot going on simultaneously, but no one project has been completed yet.

I was interested by your statement, “I saw how I can be doing better and just how simple that was to achieve.” I have also thought that it does not necessarily have to be difficult to live an honest, reasonably fulfilling life. What are your plans for the future?

In general I’ve always felt the same way. I’m so indifferent with things that most people take very seriously, like material things and money. Because thats what this comes down to, you see, is a very basic and obvious approach of stop spending money. But thats all it is.

Todays the first day of chemotherapy for my mom. She’ll be bald by christmas :\

So what do you feel like you want to accomplish? I recall that you were into writing a long time ago; is that still something that you would like to pursue?

I hope the chemotherapy goes well. How long do they predict she will have to go through it?

I second Killmore’s advice about noise reduction. It’s something you don’t tend to appreciate until either you’ve had it and lost it, or you one day decide to meddle in audio recording. It really is a worthy luxury. Don’t spend HUNDREDS or anything, but if you can upgrade from a normal fan to a silent fan for like $10, DO IT.

Edit: I took another look over the specs you listed, and noticed a lack of a designated sound card. Get one. It doesn’t have to be high end, but don’t go integrated. Just trust me on this.

She’ll be in chemotherapy for about 3 months; it’s only 4 treatments and she goes every three weeks.

Oh, it’s not about that, really, it’s about other things. Like just making enough money, really. I’m paying off my life in Columbus :\