*curses his wireless connection*

Okay, the computer in my room has a wireless shared connection with the computer in the office, which is the only one to have a modem. Everything’s nice and dandy…until today. The day the thing broke.

It’s happened before, but we’ve been able to fix it. However, now it’s not working, and nothing is fixing it. We’ve done everything in the tech support thingy, but it still doesn’t work. Now only one computer has internet.

The battles to the death will soon begin.

How’d it break? I relate to the annoyance but its not really expensive replacing the little wireless thingy. I love my wireless set up.

ahh, wireless works like a charm…when it works. I finally had to have a tech guy come and get my wifi network going…turns out the reason it wasn’t getting the cable connection was because the stupid dial-up modem wasn’t disabled in the device manager.

Originally posted by Sinistral
How’d it break? I relate to the annoyance but its not really expensive replacing the little wireless thingy. I love my wireless set up.

Okay, maybe “break” was the wrong word. It’s more like “doesn’t work, even though all the pretty lights are on and the cable isn’t down”.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Not really expensive? Bwahahaha! I wish I was a millionaire like Sin, but in the world I live in, anything to do with wireless technology has super-inflated prices.

Unless you like to dole out cash needlessly, find the warranty card for your modem and call the number on it. They’ll hook you up with a replacement.

I’m not rich. I shop wisely. Example: I got a soundcard for less than half the price including shipping on ebay.

Try reinstalling the drivers. If it doesn’t work, call a geeky friend to see what the problem is.

I don’t like wireless things, something always goes wrong when I try to use them.

Have you tried to uninstall it all and set it up again from point one, that takes some time, but as long as the device itself isn’t broke it should work.

It works! YAY!

Anyway, somehow, the security thing got screwed up. After much attempts to get the correct key and everything, I finally turned that feature off. Everything is fine now.

takes Jing’s book of dances and does the Close Thread Now dance

Gallo, I think our connection would work for a few days, then, Wobble Wobble Crash!

That’s the pattern for our system.

a good wireless network can be a pit pricey… the wired network I got cost about $100 for 3 20 ft lines, 3 network cards, and a hub. this was back in 2000 though…

if you want a GOOD network though, expect to pay a couple hundred bucks for it. you could search around and get one for a few bucks cheaper though…

wishes I could talk to my uncle, he always manages to get stuff dirt cheep… like that $1500 slate pool table he got almost brand new for $100

I’ve never had a problem with the wireless on my laptop.