CSI vs Law and Order

OFX’s thread inspired me to pit these two shows against you.

CSI
CSI Miami
CSI New York

or

L&O
L&O: SVU
L&O: Criminal Intent

Which is the better series? You should pick law and order.

And I did.

No neither option?

EDIT: Fine. No need to jump down my throat.

I don’t like either one, but Law & Order is better than CSI.

CSI is just rediculously unrealistic. At least Law & Order is based in reality.

Why would I ask such a question and then let people answer “neither”? I specifically asked people which show they like and which show they think is better. If you dont like them, well, tough cookies this isn’t the poll for you.

I’m a CSI addict.
Enough said.

That guy on Criminal Intent, he’s one of my favorite TV characters. All pretending he’s stupid, and then, BAM! he solves the case and junk.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like I was, but dammit that’s silly to ask for such an option :stuck_out_tongue:

That guy on Criminal Intent, he’s one of my favorite TV characters. All pretending he’s stupid, and then, BAM! he solves the case and junk.

I’ve heard about that guy, I’ll have to start watching. of course, he can’t compare with Ms Olivia Benson.

A show about people working for the nation’s largest and best armed gang in investigation, or in lying through their teeth and arguing opinions as facts in a poorly designed court system. Lordy me, I just can’t choose.

Wow, I’ve never seen a television character even remotely like that! [cough]COLUMBO[/cough]

Anyway, Law & Order, by far. The origional series, I mean, CI was just average and SVU was one of the worst shows I have ever seen.

My thoughts exactly.

If we’re sticking with originals ONLY, then man, I really don’t know. Including spinoffs, I’d say L&O. However, once Mr. McCoy is gone, I don’t know what I’ll do.

One thing - the lab scenes in CSI crack.me.up. I wish my analyses went that quickly and artistically!

Well, I like SVU.

Toughee… But Jerry Orbach as Det. Lennie Briscoe and Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch just swung it with: “Homicide: Life on the Street” cross over 2 parter.

Munch did 6 crossovers I think.

I wouldn’t know, No TV channel in the UK show’s the Full seasons. They show the last 4 seasons…

The reason I would want to watch either of the two is to have an intelligent show mixed into the “dumb” humor that I normally watch on Comedy Central, so CSI defeats that purpose by being to unrealistic.

However, Law and Order is where its at for me.

If I were accused of a crime, and they stuck my in an interrogation room with Richard Belzer and Ice-T, I’d crack, even if I hadn’t committed the crime. Those two are terrifying.

SVU’s my favorite, now that Jerry Orbach is off of L&O, though Dennis Farina isn’t doing too bad. Mariska Hargitay is both a good actress and attractive.

Agreed about Sam Waterson. When he leaves the show, there won’t be much left.

Sorry for never having seen Columbo. Geez.

Dude, Richard Belzer’s a stand-up comic and Ice-T is a bad rapper.
That’s like saying Jerry Seinfeld and Dr. Dre are scary, except Richard Belzer is funny. =P

Better be sorry, bitch, now go and do it!

dun da-da-dun dun dunnnnnn