Creative writer with exceptional grammar wanted

Ok, I’ve got this script for a game I translated about a year ago, Dragonball Z: Assault of the Saiyans .

Since then I’ve realized the whole patch was in need of a serious overhaul, which I’ve been working on doing. There’s one problem though–the script. The script was reinserted as-is after having been more or less literally translated from the Japanese without ever being polished, checked for grammatical errors, and/or rewrote to give the characters… character.

Anyone interested in doing this for me? I’d be forever in your debt if you did. :smiley: If you’re interested feel free to reply here, PM me, or email me (redcomet@rpgclassics.com).

To the Mods: Wasn’t sure if this should go in the Main forum or the Media; please move it as you see fit. :slight_smile:

I have good grammer! …Well I do…but I don’t want anything to do with DBZ.

I could do it if you want, just as long as it’s not much bigger than an average RPG script.

Can you E-Mail a copy to seraphimephyon@hotmail.com ?

I’d do it, but since last week I’ve gotten a fairly stressful work influx. Sorry RC. :confused:

I’m fair enough with writing, and I’ve been deemed the school grammar nazi. I could give it a try. Though my constant typos might slow down production a bit.

I’m minoring in English Literature, I’d be glad to take a shot at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

What would it actually involve? Just re-working a script? Or actually programming it back into the game?

Just re-working the script, primarily proof-reading, but the script is really shabby and far from the professional quality that I’m striving to achieve, so a LOT of rewriting is probably necessary. The characters’ speech should reflect the characters themselves.

Right now, for instance, the entire script is pretty bland and boring to read. If you don’t believe me go give the current patch a run through. ;p

All you have to worry about is the writing-side of things, all the programming will be taken care of by me. :slight_smile:

Seraphim Ephyon and Valkyrie Esker, I appreciate the offers, but as I mentioned above I’m shooting for near professional quality work, and I believe I have a better chance of achieving that with someone who is minoring in English. ;p No hard feelings, eh love?

Pierson, how do you want me to send you the script? Upload it somewhere for you, email, etc?

E-mail would work best, since I haven’t got access to RPG’s server anymore.

I don’t have like a degree in it, but I am exceptionally good at grammar. The style, though… That leaves something to be desired.

Email sent, Pi.

Appreciate your help and every one else’s. :slight_smile:

No problem. I’ll get on it.

I’d help, because I really like writing, and I’m fairly creative, but something as limiting as Dragonball Z is too… limiting. :stuck_out_tongue: Plus I don’t know any of the character’s personalities.