Could anyone recommend me some good Sega Genesis game soundtracks?

After recently playing through Kid Chameleon and listening to my brother play Shining Force 2, I’ve realized that there’s a certain something about Genesis music that’s really appealing. The instrumentation coupled with the melodies really seems to fill me with energy.

So I’m trying to compile a playlist of good Genesis soundtracks. I already have Shining Force 2, Contra: Hard Corps, the Sonic games, and Streets of Rage on the list, and I’m looking for suggestions as to what I should add.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

no

Do you have the SF2 symphonic suite?

Yes, I do. I love the town theme. 8)

I have the Japanese soundtrack to this game and i like the music-another Genesis game i like the music to a lot is Marvel Land- i would like to know if there is a soundtrack original sound version to this game.

Warsong and both Shining Force games

Let me give you some advice; you are not going to last long around here at all with an attitude like that. Why did you edit your post, when you may have had a helpful suggestion for me in the first place?

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. I’ll look for these, and I’ll try and get Valis III if possible; it’s some of Michiko Naruke’s earlier work. 8)

I’m not sure if the Ecco games have official soundtracks, but I’d recommend them to you.

An obvious one : Castlevania Bloodlines

I don’t know if it had a soundtrack or not (you never know in Japan), but Konami’s Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures 2) had an awesome soundtrack. Other than that and the aforementioned Castlevania and Shining Force Series, I can’t say I ever really cared for Genesis music. Now, Sega CD music, that’s a different story…

Good choices, CH. Warsong is probably one of my favorite Genesis soundtracks. Langrisser(Warsong) 2 has a pretty good soundtrack as well.

Dalton, I have a few suggestions for Genesis OSTs.

Phantasy Star 4 has an awesome soundtrack, as does Sword of Vermillion.

What I like about Genesis/MegaDrive music is the quirkiness of it which is caused by the shitty sound chip. It has a garage-y feel to it.

I second the Ecco games. The first Ecco game ate a huge amount of my childhood (though I unfortunately never got my parents to buy me the second one). Even all these years later I still occasionally find one of the songs from it stuck in my head.

I also recall liking the music from the Shinobi games and Columns. I’ll try to come up with some others, but I risk losing myself to nostalgia…

I’ve actually got the Ecco Sega CD soundtrack, and I’m enjoying it as we speak. 8)

These all sound great! Thank you!

Langrisser Hikari 2 is excellent; however, you might try its SNES counterpart as well, Der Langrisser.

If we’re then delving into Sega CD, the Lunar series have several soundtracks for them.

Toe Jam and Earl. >.>

If Sega CD is in there, then Thunder Force Series and Lords of Thunder =o

Just go through www.vgmusic.com’s archives, clicking on every song. I’m sure you’ll find something.

I like PS4 boss battle “Laughter” I think. I think Yar Did a midi of it…

Honestly, I think the Sonic the Hedgehog games have some of the best music on the Genny.

Then again, I’ve never been too partial to Genesis music myself.

I don’t think you can go wrong with shinobi, Streets of Rage or Alex Kidd! Talking of game music, has anyone heard MGS3?!! Woah!