Conditionner

What does it do?

simple: it conditions.

EDIT: Fine… the official definition of “conditioner”

con·di·tion·er
n.

One that conditions, especially an additive or application that improves the quality or usability of a substance: a soil conditioner; a hair conditioner.

It’s supposed to make your hair more shiny and healthy, personally I don’t use, like, or believe the things told about the stuff.

Some work, some do not. Depends on the type. Softens, “straightens” makes it shiny, reconstructs, etc.

I don’t really bother using it.

You don’t really notice unless you go without it for a long time. It’s not really that big of a deal, try shampooing your hair and then using conditioner to feel the difference. It makes hair feel oily, but in a clean way.

I use conditioner everytime I shower… girls love long, soft hair, so I figured that I use it. I usually use Herbal Essence, but right now I think I’m using Pantine Pro-V (ok, so these can be considered women’s conditioners, but hey, at least the girls love my hair) :slight_smile:

/me finds the idea of girls oodling Orakio very very funny for some reason.

Originally posted by Sinistral
/me finds the idea of girls oodling Orakio very very funny for some reason.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. :slight_smile:

conditioner actually makes some pretty decent lube. i dont use it in my hair, because i dont generally like to make my hair look nice, because when i care about my hair i hairspray and put gel and crap in it to fuck it up.

Orak: It’s bad for your hair to use conditioner more than twice a week. So you’re either killing your already dead hair, or you stink :stuck_out_tongue:

sil, does your conditionner contain glycerol?

Conditioner can’t actually make your hair healthier since it’s just dead cells. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the shinier part, brushing your hair will actually distribute the oil well to give it the exact same effect. But you don’t have to pay to brush your hair.

Dai is wise and speaks of why I hate commercials that talk about “organic” food and “healthy hair” . Its all fucking marketing. I think I heard that Pantene Pro-V had silica in it. I found that particularly disturbing.

I use conditioner because otherwise my hair feels like I have been in the pool after I dry it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like to use Pert, because then you get your shampoo and conditioner all in one.

Conditioner is the magical substance used by anime characters so they never have bad hair days.

(Nyah, it just makes your hair slick, really…)

Never used it, probably never will.

My mum always told me not to apply conditioner to the roots of your hair unless you wanted extreme dandruff. Since I never applied it to the roots of my hair, I don’t actually know how much truth is in this idea >.>

I use the natural stuff, about once a week - makes my ridiculously long and plentiful hair that bit much softer and shinier.

I use Thermasilk (both the shampoo and conditioner), but in small quantities because Thermasilk is quite concentrated.

Pert Plus is another shampoo and conditioner in one. I haven’t seen a commercial for it lately but the last few I saw had guys using it too.