Concerts

Merlin: If you like Interpol, check out Joy Division.

And if/when you see David Bowie- TELL US ALL ABOUT IT! 8D

Rubicante: Whoa. I’d figure there would be a shortage of concerts in Alaska. Oh- add what Gila said, only add Queensryche! Damn, they rock. Operation: Mindcrime is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Merlin: If you like Interpol, check out Joy Division.
I’ve been telling him that for years now.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]Merlin: If you like Interpol, check out Joy Division.

And if/when you see David Bowie- TELL US ALL ABOUT IT! 8D

Rubicante: Whoa. I’d figure there would be a shortage of concerts in Alaska. Oh- add what Gila said, only add Queensryche! Damn, they rock. Operation: Mindcrime is one of my favorite albums of all time. [/b]

There is a shortage of concerts in Alaska. The only bands I’ve seen in Alaska were Ozzy (twice), Metallica (twice), Megadeth (all three times they’ve played up here), Blue Oyster Cult (once), Exodus (once), Aerosmith (once), and KISS (once). Every other gig, I’ve usually had to fly to either Seattle or San Francisco for, and believe me, that gets pretty damned expensive. I even missed Queensryche in 2002 when they were up here for New Years, but fortunately, I managed to catch them last August in Seattle with Dream Theater and Fates Warning.

Which is not to say that I haven’t flown out of state to see the bands who have performed up here before.

I skimmed through all the posts but I must say…you saw Within Temptation, Damage? I LOVE them…they don’t seem to be well known outside the dutch community. They totally kick Linkin Park and Evanescance’s ass. Sharon over Amy Lee anytime, baby.

In no particular order

Black Eyed Peas
Papa Roach
Metallica
Linkin Park
Mudvayne
Deftones
Limp Bizkit
Hot Hot Heat
Less Than Jake
Saves The Day
Man Made God
Powerman 5000
Spineshank
Adema
Marilyn Manson
KoRn
Ozzy Osbourne
Dimmu Borgir
Killswitch Engage

And this year is gonna be a lot more, because I’m actually gonna make it to Music Midtown for the first time this year, which is the largest music festival in the south - tooting around 300 bands over 3 days :smiley:

Originally posted by Evangelion
I skimmed through all the posts but I must say…you saw Within Temptation, Damage? I LOVE them…they don’t seem to be well known outside the dutch community. They totally kick Linkin Park and Evanescance’s ass. Sharon over Amy Lee anytime, baby.

Speaking of bands that kick Evanescence’s ass (who I, personally, believe to be incredibly overrated), have you ever heard Lacuna Coil?

I forgot about Peter Paul and Mary, and Simon and Garfunkle.

Maybe its just me but the ultimate concert/show would’ve been the one back in 82-83 (dont know the exact date) when Exodus opened for Metallica. It’d be like getting to see 3 of the greatest thrash bands while they were still in their prime. Anyone ever seen any of the old 'tallica footage from when Dave Mustaine was lead guitarist? He’s a weird looking fucker, looked like a bad Poison rip-off.:hahaha;

Originally posted by RedComet
Maybe its just me but the ultimate concert/show would’ve been the one back in 82-83 (dont know the exact date) when Exodus opened for Metallica. It’d be like getting to see 3 of the greatest thrash bands while they were still in their prime. Anyone ever seen any of the old 'tallica footage from when Dave Mustaine was lead guitarist? He’s a weird looking fucker, looked like a bad Poison rip-off.:hahaha;

Dude Dave Mustaine is so cool, bad poison rip-off? lol I don’t know how you see that, he had fucking bullet belts and leather jackets and shit man. But seeing Exodus open for Metellica back in 83 or whatever, would kick ass man… that would be amazing.

dude(s), if you like Joy Division, czech out Interpol :wink:

Originally posted by Evangelion

I saw them 5 or 6 times,
the first time was in a small venue back in the days when they weren’t nationwide known… this was good… they still had their own male vocalist do the heavy grunts

the second time they were gaining popularity, they were still good… still had their own male vocalist

Then I saw them while I was eating a delicious pancake (OMG I can still taste it) at Ozzfest 2002… they didn’t have a male singer anymore and they played only one song with grunts in… wich is their only song I actually like… “The Dance” ,

Then I saw them open for Rammstein, they played the fuckin exact show but without “The Dance”… this is when I got bored of them

then I saw them at Dynamo because they played between Biohazard and Dropkick Murphys and I didn’t wanna give away my place in the moshpit

I saw them last at Graspop 2003 wich was more then a year between this one and the last one… and they hadn’t changed a bit… so I have to say: Within Temptation Sucks… with a Capital S

THe grunts actually scare me quite a bit. cringe I like the song Enter though, I think the grunting adds the mood.

I obviously havent seen them in concert nor have I heard all of their songs, but yeah, I usually dwell on their light melodic worshipping stuff that they put out now.

I play at my own concerts. :slight_smile:

coughcoughCollegeBandshackwheeze

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Dude Dave Mustaine is so cool, bad poison rip-off? lol I don’t know how you see that, he had fucking bullet belts and leather jackets and shit man. But seeing Exodus open for Metellica back in 83 or whatever, would kick ass man… that would be amazing.

In the video of them playing Whiplash in San Francisco in like 83 on Cliff’em All (think it was like Cliff’s second show with metallica) Mustaine’s doing some really weird looking movements. He just didn’t look like I was used to seeing him for some reason. He looked all glammed up kind of. He had a wild ass hair-do going in the video I seen though, lol.