College Roommates

I decided to start this thread because I wanted to see if anyone was willing to vent their anger about their roommates. I just wanted to give everyone a chance to make themselves feel slightly better and get pity for myself because I am selfish. My roommate generally likes to come in at 4 a.m. plastered and wake me up. Theres more but I don’t feel like listing it. Now I wait for the thread that tells me to stop whining :mwahaha:

Wait for it…

aw but dude, it’s just that sort of thing that makes college so cool :P. Just the whole chaotic nature of it, how you never know what’s going to happen, and you’re just riding the fine line of life between true meaning and complete insanity, crazy drunk roommates are just another part of that throwing yourself out into the world without any idea what’s going on with anything.

Enjoy the chaos while you can, bitch! cause pretty soon you’ll be spending every day waking up next to the same woman and taking your kids to school and going to the same dead-end job. Every single day, the same, you’ll know exactly what’s supposed to happen every moment of the next 24 hours, and you’ll feel yourself and your spirit dying, until you actually DO die.

Enjoy college while you can fool! And quit whining :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mazrim Taim

Your avatar = ownage. Great choice.

As for the roomate thing, eh, I saved money by staying at home. I skipped the whole dorm experience.

Sometimes I wish I hadn’t. Not all the time.

I know enough about dorms to not want to live in one, though if I did, it’d only be a matter of time before I had a dorm room by myself 1 way or another…

“There is nothing as funny as saying to your roommate ‘you stink!’, the spraying febreeze on his face.” -Red Mage

It all depnds on the peron. When I was in school, one of my roommates was a complete asshole. He’d wake me up in the middle of the night ebcause hed be drunk out of his mind, he’d get in trouble with the duty, he’d blast his music from the time he woke up to the time after he went to sleep (and I mean blast to where you can here it everywhere, louder than a concert). However, my other one was cool. We’d just chill and kind our own business for the most part.

You’re so damn cynical, Maz :stuck_out_tongue: When was your 75th birthday again…?

Anyway, dorms are costly, tiny enough to bring on claustrophobia, and full of loud, obnoxious, dramatic people that you can’t really get away from. Remind me why I would want to live in one? I feel for you, Amerycin. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for not yelling at me everybody! I’m dealing with the guy. He’s not going to last too long however, its been three weeks and he’s already on probation.

The only roommate I’ve ever had to deal with, has been my sister. And that was almost bad enough to turn me away from having a roommate again.

But if I meet one I like, I don’t think it will be too bad.

I hate my roommate. I hope he dies.

Doesnt’ Kag live with you 984? I’m sure he’ll be overjoyed to her of it. Which he will of course, unless I happen to be selling something hiny and golden… preferably 24 karat.

I’ll be happy when I get my own computer, so I don’t have to worry about my brother taking the computer in his room every five seconds. (We have two computers at home, but the office is a very small room.)

That’s my biggest deal with living with my older brother. He also drives me crazy all the time.

Originally posted by Megaman984

984 is the man.

The only time I’ve ever shared a room for a longer period of time was when I was in Canada… There was another exchange student in the same family, so they put us in the same room.

;_;

www.crfh.net

Not so much college room-mates, but close enough…

A couple of years back (almost exactly, come to think of it :hahaha; ) I went up to Leeds with my brother to record a TV show, and both times I was there I was forced to stay overnight.

God almighty… what a nightmare :thud: the first time round, I had the entire range of bodily noises he could muster up blasting in my face the entire night, resulting in me getting around 5 minutes’ sleep :thud: it wasn’t bad enough that he spent a full hour and a half trying to fart his duvet off the bed onto the floor, but he also had to be bollock naked and pointing his arse at me the whole time (incidentally, I’m really glad I wasn’t responsible for washing that duvet the following morning). Then he fell asleep, and promptly snored like an overweight broken tuba. To say I was cranky the following morning would be understament of the year #1. :thud:

So we go back a month later, and this time we find a double bed and a sofa bed. My brother’s decision? He decides to try to climb in the double bed with me, often while I’m sleeping :runaway: fortunately, this time he had pants on.

There was also a busted up TV aerial clanging above us keeping me awake all night, but I digress. :wink:

This whole experience has put me off sharing a room almost permanently- I like my own private space. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Megaman984

XD

I probably won’t have a roomate in college, the one I hope to go to has no dorms, but the backup schools I have do.

my freshman year roommate and I actually had a really good experience. We became best friends here at school and roomed together again last year (and would’ve again this year had he not have had to go off campus). It sucks that he’s trying to graduate early so I won’t see him much after this year, but oh well. I suspect we got along so well because we have some similar interests, he’s a pretty good guy, and I’m capable of getting along with just about anyone so I don’t end up contributing and most of the time diffuse conflicts.