Coke or Pepsi?

Coke, but not by much.

Coke light? What the fuck is that?

No it doesn’t. You remind me of a group of prestigious individuals who were given different types of water, asked which one was the best, and gave each sample a bunch of sophisticated sounding qualities to make their taste seem distinguished, even though it was all tap water from the shed in the back. I bet the owners of Coke and Pepsi giggle together like idiots when they see people debating two IDENTICAL products.

Pepsi = Coke. Coke just has a better marketing strategy. Like Cless said, Pepsi tries to win by insulting Coke or hiring celebrities, whereas Coke just makes itself look like the humble peoples’ drink.

Edit: Coke DEFINATELY wins with the extra flavours though. Pepsi twist was great, but Cherry and Vanilla coke were genius.

Diet coke

and regular coca cola owns… when mixed with whisky or bacardi

They are not in any way identical products, unless, of course, your taste buds are broken. I understand that you like to come in to threads where there’s any type of disagreement and tell people how much better you are than them, but I’m sorry, that simply isn’t true. They are both cola drinks, much like RC and Dr. Pepper, but those two taste differently than the aforementioned Coke and Pepsi as well. If you can’t tell the difference, it’s a problem with you. Coke is heavier, Pepsi is sweeter, Coke feels more like there’s sugar hitting your mouth, Pepsi tastes more watered down, etc. When I was 4 I thought they tasted the same, but I’ve grown up, and aquired taste buds along the way.

Having said that, I still prefer Coke.

I wouldn’t say that Dr. Pepper is exactly a cola, per se. It’s something… unique. I don’t know how to pin it down (although Mr. Pibb tried to copy it, the bastards). It’s kinda like root beer and cola, but different.

I Drink:

Coke, light or not… It has a stronger taste. Of course there’s always mint tea or mineral water.

“It tastes so much better it’s unreal”

In what fucking way is that sophisticated!? That I can still taste the difference given the amount of curries I’ve gorged myself on over the years is actually pretty disturbing, come to think of it. :-/

Did I say your comment was sophisticated, or is your mind fabricating nonsense again? I hate when mine does that.

Sat: They laugh even harder when the people they play like flutes deny the obvious when it’s revealed. And I’m laughing at how quickly you became my definition.

By the way, if your analysis of my behavour is any indication of your insight, I’d probably refrain from slapping labels on people ever again if I were you.

I regret your sorrow over my “broken tastebuds” (lol, I love you) but there’s no need to worry, I’ll get over it.

Okay, then you’re in denial. They taste different, much like apples and oranges taste different. If you can’t understand that when everyone else can, it doesn’t make you better than everyone else. I’m not trying to get you to admit to a fact or something, I’m just trying to let you know that others don’t appreciate it when you show up and insult everyone else by saying that you’re better than them by stating an obvious non-truth. You can act all high and mighty all you’d like, but that’s what happened, whether you admit to it or not.

Last I checked you were “playing me like a flute,” I simply can tell the difference between two different things. Much like circles and octagons are different, so are soft drinks. I feel no “sorrow” for you, nor did I ever claim to. You’ve done nothing to illicit sorrow, you’ve simply come in, stated something that simply wasn’t true, then told everyone who dumb they were for believing facts over your fiction.

I’d like you to specifically point out where I said I was better than anyone. I want a quote.

Okay, then you’re in denial. They taste different, much like apples and oranges taste different. If you can’t understand that when everyone else can, it doesn’t make you better than everyone else. You can act all high and mighty all you’d like, but that’s what happened, whether you admit to it or not.
Am I in denial, or are you just shooting off stubborn phrases to convey an artificial self-assuredness, as usual?

Last I checked you were “playing me like a flute,” I simply can tell the difference between two different things. Much like circles and octagons are different, so are soft drinks.
Once again, where did I say I was playing you like a flute? I recall saying Coke and Pepsi corporations are, and nothing more.

I feel no “sorrow” for you, nor did I ever claim to.

I’m <b><u>sorry</u></b>, that simply isn’t true.
You appear to disagree with yourself.

You’ve done nothing to illicit sorrow, you’ve simply come in, stated something that simply wasn’t true, then told everyone who dumb they were for believing facts over your fiction.
Where? I said something to the effect of you being dumb for trying to analyze me, but that had nothing to do with fact vs fiction. It was simply there.

Do you see how your mind is, like I said to Neb, fabricating connections that never existed? Do you see the name “Hades” next to my posts and become antagonistic by reflex, even though my little case scenario was completely harmless? Why is it only my opinion that you’re fighting like death, why not choose one of the few dozen others on this thread?

Bottom line, CHILL man :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I apologize if I became a bit testy. I don’t know why, but I’ve been a little argumentative lately. I argued with you because you claimed they were identical. I admit I read a bit too much into your post. I probably misread some of the first post, and carried that to the second post. I still say they’re different products.

However, staying argumentative, being sorry and feeling sorrow for someone are not the same. :smiley:

[edit: maybe I’m just nostalgic for the great ff v. dq debates of yesteryear. :P]

Uh, since some of these comparisons you’re describing are contradictory, I’d be more inclined to believe that if they taste similar enough to confuse people in this way, they’re not really much different.

Colas in general have a lot of salt and caffeine in them anyway. I haven’t drank any in months because they don’t hydrate well and caffiene makes it hard to sleep deeply, which is why I always used to be tired. So I guess in those respects, neither Coke nor Pepsi really wins.

Cherry Coke
Vanilla Coke
Pepsi
Coke
Diet anything

And I don’t really know about taste, but Coke seems to linger and leave a sticky feeling on my teeth.

Pepsi Blue was the worst for teeth.

It’s hard to describe, but that’s how it always feels. The taste is sweeter with Pepsi, but Coke just feels like it has more sugar in it, not by taste, but by weight. Neither have sugar, though, they use corn syrup.

I mean normal Coke v normal Pepsi, no other flavors or whatnot.

SALT? what the hell?!

I just finished a 591 mL bottle of “coca-cola with lime”, and it tasted just like regular coca-cola to me… either my bottle was broken, or there isn’t really a lime taste. Seriously, it didn’t taste like it had lime in it at all.