Cloud/Aeris-Aerith OR Cloud/Tifa

I’m just curious as to the overall feeling on this one. Do you prefer Cloud and Aeris/Aerith as a couple, or Cloud and Tifa. I’m not saying that I care for Cloud, but I personally am a: Cloud and Aeris fan. What about the rest of yalls?

I’ll let Cloud take Barret while I help myself to a certain life support system for breasts << (especially since I’m neither a necrophile or pedophile). >>

Yeah, um… Aerith dies, you know. Cloud can’t very well hook up with her.

Dead girls don’t say no, Cid.

Cloud and Tifa.
Aerith is good with Zack.

And 984 is right, Ciddy :stuck_out_tongue:

Aeris and Tifa >_>

I can’t believe no one said that yet :stuck_out_tongue:

But honestly, Tifa’s more of a buddy to Cloud. She’s a nice girl, but I never really got I-wanna-be-with-that-dude vibes from her. Aeris and Cloud had way more chemistry.

Shes dead . . . Cloud’s a “Puppett” . . . they fit :moogle:

No, but if she were to have lived on, or during the whole situation before she died, etc.

I agree with Hades though . . . though my friends think that Aeris is a whiny brat and that Tifa is the only way to go!

But then . . . some of these are the same people who say it should have been Tidus and Lulu . . .

To be honest, I never really “got” Aeris. First she’s a happy-go-lucky girl (remember, she attached herself to Cloud, even offering a (sexless) date as payment for his protection) then later in the game, effectively commits suicide by GOING OFF ON HER OWN TO ACTIVATE HOLY, setting herself up nicely to be killed off by Sephiroth. Either she foresaw she was doomed, or she didn’t want to put the others in danger- which, given how they were chasing Sephiroth anyway, doesn’t make sense. The game just doesn’t explain why she did it, and it always annoyed me.

On the other hand, Tifa was the cause of Cloud’s obsession to become stronger (to protect her), he was so obsessed with her he couldn’t even face her after “failing” to join SOLDIER, she convinced him to help AVALANCHE after he wanted to quit, kept the fact Cloud was “off” in his retelling of the Nibelheim events a secret, she stays at his side when he goes comatose and eventually enters his mind to heal him. The two obviously had much more of a connection than Cloud and Aeris ever did; honestly, I think their attraction was either out of (mutual) pity, or because of Cloud having taken over Zack’s personality (somewhat.) Either way, it felt forced; even the promised date turns out to be NOT strictly necessary in-game; you can go out with Tifa instead (or Yuffie… or even Barret. ??) A case of a poorly handled relationship, in my opinion.

So yeah: Cloud/Tifa. Aeris was just a flirtation (and never meant to be.)

The fact Tifa has larger breasts has NOTHING to do with my opinion. Seriously. Stop laughing!

Speaking of Tifa: can anyone tell me why, when Tifa and Scarlet face each other on top of the Sister Ray, instead of an actual battle we get- a slapfest?? Tifa has been shown all game to be a kickboxing badass, and when she finally gets the chance to kick the vile villainess’s ass all she does is SLAP HER? (If they ever remake this game, I hope they fix that.)

I don’t think Aerith went to commit suicide. She didn’t know Sephiroth was going to be there. I’m also a bit unclear on why she went off by herself, but it might simply have been something she didn’t quite know how to do, and it felt important enough for it to be done alone. Her personality is always upbeat, but she has an undercurrent of sadness which you do feel throughout the game (and it’s made clearer in Crisis Core).

Crisis Core also did indicate that much of Aerith’s attraction to Cloud was due to how much he resembled Zack (half the events in the first half of the game are direct analogues of what happened with Zack). Although I imagine the CC staff thought of it as a homage, saying that all of that was one big coincidence is pretty farfetched. -_-

By the way, depending on how you treat Tifa during the game, Cloud and Tifa do “get together”, although it’s implied rather than shown. However, by the time AC rolls around Cloud is so depressed I don’t think he’s interested in “being” with anyone at all.

Tifa was an obvious “Appeal to Pamela” (though she was athletic and seemed to have a grasp of the situation during most of the game), Aeris didn’t have any real development before getting killed and Cloud was a pain in the neck for the vast majority of the game. In the timeless words of Squall: “…”.

I respectfully disagree with practically all of your statements but have neither the time nor the energy to argue them.

QFT

Aeris was a lot more developed than Tifa.

Tifa’s past was derivative of Cloud’s, and was pretty boring.

Originally Posted by Hades Shinigami
[i]Aeris was a lot more developed than Tifa.

Tifa’s past was derivative of Cloud’s, and was pretty boring. [/i]

Actually Tifa was the one more developed (visually speaking of course).

That aside though Aerith wasn’t much better since her past was mostly derived from Cloud’s assumed identity of Zack (also wasn’t explained very well). Seriously why the hell did she hook up with him to beg-nevermind I just remembered that he fell from the sky and into her lap (that’s usually good enough with Magical Girl Healer Types).

Originally Posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Speaking of Tifa: can anyone tell me why, when Tifa and Scarlet face each other on top of the Sister Ray, instead of an actual battle we get- a slapfest?? Tifa has been shown all game to be a kickboxing badass, and when she finally gets the chance to kick the vile villainess’s ass all she does is SLAP HER? (If they ever remake this game, I hope they fix that.)

Yes they totally need to revisit that scene and apply some Gainax physics there. With today’s technology we can remake it to really look like an awesome cat fight between two large breasted women (wait did scarlet even have large breasts too begin with?).

That aside though it seems that the only way to settle disputes in that game was with hardy bitchslapping (well that or throwing Omni-Slashes at it). Off course I’m talking about that duel between Elena and Cloud at Icicle Inn (or was that settled with a punch, darn, it’s too hard to tell with those Lego arms). Oh and don’t forget the wagging arms either (seriously what was Dyne trying to accomplish by pointing at things yelling OBJEC-wait wrong game).

Those things said my take is that Aerith after having left Midgar sheds her city girl persona to the point where she becomes yet another Magical Girl Healing Type just in time to throw herself on the Barbe ala Hamlet style. Tifa was never anything more than one of Cloud’s boyhood fantasies (hey if you grew up next door to a large titted hottie you would fantasize too. Wouldn’t you?), but then again so was his role as a SOLDIER. It just took one fantasy to wake him up from another (well that and an impending apocalypse). I’m pretty sure Yuffie was underage at the time so she’s out, and despite being able to have kids I think Red XIII was also a guy (tiger/cat thingy or whatever).

Actually Tifa was the one more developed (visually speaking of course).
At first I was like, you fucker! What are you talking about? But then I read the parentheses and was like, ohhh you sly dawg! :smiley:

If Scarlett didn’t have large- assets- in the original game, I can bet good money she will in a remake! :wink:

But yeah, several story points need to be made clearer, and better graphics would certainly help.

You know, after some reconsideration, I think that yes, there was a strong attraction between Cloud and Aeris (not “th” for me, Thank You) but I really doubt they ever understood each other fully. Cloud’s mind was fractured, as we later learned, and Aeris apparently felt weighted by her powers and status as the last Cetra (considering she had the ability to see the spirits of the dead, it’s understandable.) The fact she died before their relationship had any real resolution, is probably why Cloud was still wandering around and not growing closer to Tifa in Advent Children. The way I interpret it, his last encounter with Aeris’s soul was basically her saying, “get over me and move on.” Hopefully Mister Clueless will finally settle down with Tifa afterwards.

(Btw… given Aeris’ ability to see visiting spirits, why didn’t she realize Zack was dead sooner? Unless she simply was in denial…)

If Scarlett didn’t have large- assets- in the original game, I can bet good money she will in a remake! :wink:

You do realize Tifa’s been toned down in that regard in all the higher-def versions?

(Btw… given Aeris’ ability to see visiting spirits, why didn’t she realize Zack was dead sooner? Unless she simply was in denial…)

Sooner than what? If Zack didn’t actually visit her as a ghost she’d never know.

Tifa and Aeris, Hades is on the mark for this one.

Also, I like to think of AC as non-canon because otherwise I just feel violated. :frowning: TSENG IS DEAD FUCKERS. DEAD. :frowning: It was just an excuse to do cool effects, not to tell a story. :confused:

Sure. As a side note, Cloud’s situation did seem more reasonable during my second* playthrough, but first-time impressions are hard to slide. Otherwise, the coolness factor of Sephiroth would severely suffer.

*I’m not equipped to argue FFVII

No I didn’t. (My lame jokes to the contrary, I DON’T pay that much attention to fictional boobs.) Still, RPGs <- Anime <- Fanservice, so I still think it’s a good bet re: Scarlett.

Sooner than what? If Zack didn’t actually visit her as a ghost she’d never know.

True- but why wouldn’t he? We do see him with her in Advent Children. Unless he didn’t want to sadden her. But that’s assuming he knew of her spirit-seeing ability in the first place. Does she tell him in CC?