Clerks 2

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/30/clerks.sequel.ap/index.html

Pwnage.

While this looks like a good thing, I can’t help but fear what producers will do to it. Well, there is only one way to find out for sure.

As if Jersey Girl weren’t enough…

The fact he’s calling it “The Passion of the Clerks” doesn’t instill me with a single extra ounce of confidence.

I’m having confidence in this movie. It can’t suck as bad as Jersey Girl did…

It can only be better or worse.

While I’m apprehensive, I’ll give it a try. I’ve enjoyed most Kevin Smith movies, and particularly Clerks was my favorite Smith film.

Clerks was a fucking masterpiece. Working in the clerking business makes it doubly so…because we really DO get fucktards like these.

I think it’s just some of the dialogues that are funny. That scene where Randall starts talking about the Death Star, now that is one of the awesomest things I’ve ever seen. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the word fucktards. I also love the characterization of Randall. Does anyone else see Randall carry over into Loki in Dogma?

That’s the thing. Clerks, for its time, was a revolutionary movie, and quite frankly, it still is today. It WILL go in time as THE movie of the '90s to watch.

It has potential, seeing as how Kevin Smith is writing it, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as the original. People should stop making sequels to movies and make something original.

“The sequel – titled “The Passion of the Clerks” – is set to begin shooting in January.”

Horrible title. Sounds like it’s just a cheap ripoff of an established movie, even though it isn’t. Bad sequels never ruin the original, so there’s really nothing for me, a huge Clerks fan, to lose.

I remember Clerks first came out on VHS; I was a clerk at a move / video game rental store called Zappers. (If only I knew then what I know now - sure, I’ll buy those 8 copies of Dragon Warrior IV for $2 each!) We got the movie a day before anyone could rent it, so about 8 of us hung around / came in at midnight and watched the movie at the store after it closed. It was a blast! I even bought a Clerks hockey jersey…wish i knew where it was now.