Civ3: Conquests

(Yeah, that’s right. Another game with gasp actual gameplay. Booken surrenders.)

I can’t fucking wait for this. Or, better yet, I can’t fucking wait for an e-mail saying that I’m in the beta I signed up for (and hopefully Kagon too). This could be their big chance to make up for PtW’s multiplayer fiasco. And with MoO3 the trainwreck that it was, Civ3 still reigns supreme king of TBS; this can only get cooler.

My only concern: Islamic Sultanate. Sounds like Fundamentalism to me. And Sid Meier specifically said he took fund. out because of balancing issues. Did he change his mind?

Sid, baby, if you’re reading this: If you put me in the beta, I’ll forgive you for that Alpha Centauri thing. Honest.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!
A new Civ game? Why was I not told of this until now? Someone has some explaining to do!

Originally posted by <strike>Flintedge</strike> me
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!
A new Civ game? Why was I not told of this until now? Someone has some explaining to do!

No, it’s a second expansion to Civ3.

where can we sign up for the beta?

Two weeks ago. Sorry.

Well, maybe fundamentalism’s new form has some heavy tweaking from it’s Civ2 days.

Civ 3 isn’t a worthy strategy game go play C&C generals.

Or maybe everybody’s favorite RTS, Starcraft :slight_smile:

TURN BASED Strategy. Not Real Time.

And I take it you’ve never even played Civ3.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
And I take it you’ve never even played Civ3.

I played Civ 1, that was enough to judge the whole series by.

WRONG!

Civilization is one of the best games I ever played and I’ll personally murder anyone who says otherwise (Screw freedom of thought).

WOO!
downloads Civ3

PTW multiplayer sucked, but I liked the additions.

If it is like CivIII PtW; I’m sticking to CivII.

Anyway. Since you mentioned MoO3: They’ve released a code patch, fixing most of the critical errors and a lot of other complaints. It actually rendered the game quite playable again.

sniff Stupid AI threw me out of the Senate: I’ll get them for that!

I tested it and it did refine a few things, but not enough. And it should have been refined from the start given the long and unxplained delays. But that’s another rant.

Oh boy, I HATED democracy. Democracy sucks, I wish there was an option to declare war just because the other players “might” attack us.

X… you hate Alpha Centauri? Why? I thought it was one of the best games ever.

I have yet to notice anything different in the MOO3 code patch :confused: eh… i’m sure they fixed SOMETHING…

Also, yeah… Civ 3 is fun… just too slow… as with ALL TBS games. Oh well… :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, it’s a great way to burn time! :smiley: