Cid, Cid, and more Cids...

Has anyone else ever noticed that there’s always a Cid in the FF seires?

Ummm… :thud: yes… :thud: there’s even one (albeit spelt differently :wink: ) in the FF movie. :thud: :thud: :thud:

My point excately.

:thud:

That is all I have to say ^^’

lol… way to go, buddy

No, I haven’t noticed, considering there was no Cid in FF1. HA. You lose. But other than that, it’s so blatantly obvious it’s not funny.

Yes, in every Final Fantasy besides 1, there has been a Cid. It’s a theme repeated just like Chocobos, Moogles/Mogs, and summons. Same thing with some weapons.

attempts to derail this thread from an endless series of sarcastic remarks

Did anyone else notice that most FF games begin with a small rebel force fighting off an evil empire/township/resistance group, and shortly after getting separated from one another?

No…I was only playing cuz I wanted the cute hero guy to fall in love with the beautiful leading lady so they could live happily ever after. That’s the main thing, to me. I mean, Sephiroth, Sephiroth, who the fuck is the Sephiroth? To me the real excitement was the steamy love triangle between Cloud <s>Vincent and Red XIII</s>Tifa and Aeris.

laughs I just knew you’d have something funny to say!

On the subject of Cid, didn’t the FF9 Cid seem a little… out of place? Rather than the workaholic mechanically minded guy with a heart of gold, he was a skirt chaser! 8)

If you had to ask me what my favourite Cid was, I’d have to say it was the one from X- psychopath skinheads are cool. He was kind of a cross between Han Solo and Grant Mitchell :hahaha;

Cid appears in every FF except FF1 (even FFTactics) because I’ve heard one of the creators is nicknamed Cid. Yes, we have all noticed that some FFs resemble others, that is because they are just warped, cliched (yeah, i know its supposed to have an accent), Romantic, adventure stories. If you don’t know about Romanticism, I’m not explaining it. As for best Cid, FFVII’s Cid is by far the best (anythings better than FFVIII’s Cid, even though FFVIII is my favorite game of all time); he swears, he smokes, he just plain and simply kicks ass. Besides, he teaches all of us to crush everyone who gets in the way of our dreams, especially if they’re an evil conglomorate corporation out to destroy the world for money.

Yep there’s even a Cid in FFTA. He’s everywhere!

And we even have our own Cid right here at RPGC. Good old Cidolfas, the ruler of the FFC realm.

Did anyone else notice that most FF games begin with a small rebel force fighting off an evil empire/township/resistance group, and shortly after getting separated from one another?

No. I think the only games where that happens is FF2 and FF9.

In any case… yes, there’s a whole bunch of crossover elements in FF, see the In-Series Crossovers page on the FFC.

Cid: What about FF6?

Long live to the returners!

Originally posted by Cidolfas
[b]No. I think the only games where that happens is FF2 and FF9.

In any case… yes, there’s a whole bunch of crossover elements in FF, see the In-Series Crossovers page on the FFC. [/b]

Um FFVII is kinda that way too, from a certain perspective.

VIII is too, if you include the city/battle where seeds take back that city that got invaded. ( heck the whole garden thing is a rebellion)

I thought Dalton was talking about the very beginning of the game (like the first scene). And I meant FF6, not FF9. 8p

FF7 might be similar, sort of, but FF8 is quite different (you’re not really fighting against the empire because you’re a rebellion, you’re doing it because you’ve been hired. And it’s a field test, in any case.)

yes, while it isn’t always at the start, the “small rebel faction vs Evil Empire” shows up A LOT in final fantasy.

Well, there’s only two possibilities for the bad guy. He’s a loner, or he has a big organization. Any bad guy with a big organization can be considered an “empire”, and by default anyone who fights them is therefore a rebel. So saying that FF has a lot of rebels fighting empires is extremely vague.

If you want to restrict it to the more conventional use of “empire”, though, the only games that actually use those terms are FF2 and FF6.

actully there could be a cid in ff1 as not every person is known
and biggs and wedge frequently appear thought the ff series also.