Chrono Trigger

I remember playing Chrono Trigger for the first time when I was like 6 years old and it’s still super fun everytime you play! I think the best game ever is Xenogears, but it’s definitely the funnest game ever! :smiley: Along with Earthbound and Mario RPG.

SG, don’t consider yourself the arbiter of quality and bemoan the total lack of upbringing of those horrible people who actually like KH. There’s various reasons why I like it - style, action, just plain fun, fanservice. Sometimes I need fluff, and KH/KH2 is an excellent and solid fluff game with some surprisingly original story parts.

Of course, it could just be because you have shitty taste in games, Cid >:(

Careful, TD, you’re starting to argue like Hades.

It’s not my fault your opinion sucks.

Another thing I remembered about Chrono trigger when I was thinking about it last night is that there was really no need to level. If you attacked almost everything you were supposed to during the course of the story, you could pretty much play through the entire game without having to stop to gain a few levels because you couldn’t kill a boss.

I don’t really have much to say except that your coincidence theory is repelled by the campfire scene, in which the team discusses the possibility of them being there together not by coincidence but rather by that of a divine hand. They were made and meant to save the world, and here they are doing it. While the characters in the game simply muse on the subject, I find it believable in that surely some higher power brought them together - completely different people from entirely different eras bonded by nothing but their will for survival and the preservation of their homes and futures.

But thats just my opinion. I could be wrong.

It’s even more interesting when applied to the idea of coincidence in the real world - those of a religious bent really do believe that there’s no such thing as coincidence.