Chrono Trigger: Being a Good Boy

Just started a new Chrono Trigger file. Right now I’m at the Millenial Fair, and I’m right before the entrance to the center.
My question is, how do I get Marle to bump into me, rather than vice versa? (Just this part, I know the rest of the “good boy” rules, I’m just frustrated on this step)

Meh. I always bump into her and it always works for me. Usually 0 'guillty’s.

Thing is, she gets up before Crono. And he’s supposed to help her up for his first step to “being a gentleman”.

I do not think there is any option to help Marle up. However, when you agree to accompany her, she calls Crono a gentleman.

I think that part is sort of irrelevant. In the * insert name of event * I always said that I was the one who started it. If you do all the other stuff correctly you’ll get it right anyway.

And anyhow, AN ETHER!? That’s ALL? That really sucked.

You have to:

-Talk to her after she falls, before you pick up the pendant (She won’t walk into you, you have to walk into her.)
-Return the little girl’s cat.
-Don’t attempt to sell her pendant.
-Don’t move when she’s buying candy, just wait.

And I think that’s it.

And don’t eat the old man’s lunch, but that’s a given, methinks.

it doesn’t really matter…the same thing happens whether you’re found guilty or innocent…

To finish it off, don’t lie to the judge.

Yeah, but if you’re found innocent, you get some free items.

I also herd that you must talk to the little girl first before getting her, her cat but I have yet to have or have any proof of it but it couldn’t hurt.

naw…i was impatient once and i got the cat before talking to the girl…same outcome…

I don’t think you need to do all 5 things to be found innocent. I’m not sure of the details though.

I don’t think there’s an option to bump into Marle and help her up. The thing you have to do to be found innocent(that nobody else in this thread has mentioned yet) is during the trial when the prosecution asks Crono who started the mess, choose ‘I did’. Yeah, it seems like it would be counterproductive to Crono’s case, but everytime I’ve chosen it and done the other events you need to do to prove Crono’s innocence the entire jury found Crono innocent. And now I’ve read that you say you already know the rest of the things that you need to do to prove that Crono’s innocent. Ah well, I’ll just leave this here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I think that after you bump into Marle you should talk to her before you pick up the pendant. I read it somewhere but I’ve never tested it to see if its legit. EDIT: Epicgamer already pointed this out.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
I think that part is sort of irrelevant. In the * insert name of event * I always said that I was the one who started it . If you do all the other stuff correctly you’ll get it right anyway.

I already said that.

The more events you do right, the better your chances of being innocent.

And the more judges say you’re innocent, the more items you get.

If all think you’re not guilty, you will get 4 Ethers instead of one.

i thought if u’refound inocent… u get 6 either??? i always got the same number every time i was foung innocent… some juges found me guilty but i still got 6. I wonder why???:hmm:

I always got one, even if they all found me inocent.

And dude, spell check please.

Dude, I only start using ethers way later in the game. I don’t even bother about being good or bad.