Chrono Cross fucking sucks

Yeah, the battle and boss music got REALLY annoying after a while, but the other tracks more than make up for those.

And there (mentioned way too many times before) were way too many characters. I mean, all you need is Serge/Lynx, Glenn, Kid, and Fargo, and when need be, Harle, Sprigg (her Lagoonate doppelgang makes the game 10 times easier), Zappa and Guile. Nobody wants to play as a housewife, a speedo-wearing loser, or Janice. Say what you will about a megaphone, or a frying pan, but a carrot beats all of those.

The problem with the battle music was that it was way too harsh. It didn’t fade in, it was a sudden burst of noise that hurt my ears, and the instruments were too loud and harsh too. They used horns and fiddles where they should’ve used tubas and cellos, and maybe some deep, powerful drums. Kinda like FF9’s battle theme, which was a similar style, but much more pleasing.

The composition itself was pretty shitty too. It was like a frantic trance-like song. It didn’t flow well.

Chrono Cross. Decent game, horrible music, and a somewhat Donnie Darko-ish storyline. I played through the first disc in about ten hours. I lost my interest in it halfway through the second disc. But overall, it didn’t meet my expectations. I don’t hate the game, though. But it still doesn’t measure up to Trigger. Trigger was better than CC in every way possible, but CC had its good qualities. I enjoyed the Battle system and ability system, but there were some useless characters. The most useless one being Pierre(the cowardly hero). The story wasn’t the greatest, which is usually a factor in my enjoyment of RPGs. The Artwork was good, however(as Akira Toriyama never disappoints there). Maybe I’ll Give CC another chance sometime down the road, but for now, I’ll stick to Trigger(which I still play to this day). But it could also be argued that Trigger was a very hard game to follow up. Nuff said.

I haven’t played it, but I read a script, and I hafta say it sucks because it explains what happened to Schala! That’s for the fanfic writers to crappily describe! … well, okay, havin an explanation WAS nice, but the one we got sucked as far as I’m concerned.

Um… Pierre was MEANT to be useless. That was the point. 8p And Akira Toriyama actually didn’t do any of the character designs for CC.
You do have a point about the battle music, it does grate a bit too much (and it’s too repetitive). But I still think you should try listening to the soundtrack by itself and see if you still hate the music.

I think the point was about the game itself.

“Don’t sleep with that bitch, you’ll get fleas” has got to be one of the best video game quotes in history. Harle was the only reason I liked CC.

It was not realised in Europe. Although you can Buy it imported if you have NSTC compatable equipment. Same goes for Chrono Trigger, Which I have played by emulator.

Big Nutter
Note to self: ‘Borrow’ a TEST PS2

I have, and I still do

As far as I’m concerned i loved CC,I love convulated plots like that (Strange right?)
music was wonderful in CC especially the intro.For me it will always be a great game no matter what everyone says.

Pierre wasn’t entirely useless just until you get him the hero set.

PS:oooooooo 666 post oooooooooooo

Yeah they used a lot of string instruments which was different.
And you got to love the opening song.

The thing with convoluted plots is that to be efficient, execution is vital.

Guh…If it werent a “collectible”, I’d probably give away the OST for free… I really don’t see why people like it, it’s so dull… =/

Reminds me of a quote I saw once: “I used to be a millionaire, until my mom threw out my baseball cards.”

Omfgaspage? I’m utterly, utterly suprised that this hasn’t turned into an FF7 Fanboy thread yet. If I were in control of it, I’d probably lock it before we had wars starting in here over Cloud and Sephiroth (in which neither win: Cloud wears purple from head to toe, is WAAAY too damn flat as a character, what with the questioning his life n’ stuff, and Sephiroth just isn’t that evil, really. He’s too brooding and mysterious. Kefka owns him in all ways.), probably about who would win in a battle: OBVIOUSLY CLOUD, DIPSHITS. Cloud + Gameshark = Sephiroth down.

Sir Fuzzi, you’re a drunk.

I’m slightly confused, did anyone even mention FF7 in here before Fuzzi did? Or is he just an idiot?

There’s a few good songs. The alternate world overworld theme, Scars of Time, and Without Taking the Jewel for example, but not much else. The dungeon themes especially suck. Death Volcano comes to mind, and Dragon Fort would’ve been awesome if it wasn’t so blatantly synthesized and electronic. It’d make a wonderful orchestrated song, but in-game it sucks ass. Oh right, and the BATTLE THEMES. Those were aural death. The Girl who Stole The Stars is a really good song.

I think CC has tonnes of great music, but like Sin said, the frequency of shitty tracks makes it unenjoyable.

So … you’d lock the thread, which is about Chrono Cross, before it spontaneously transformed for no reason whatsoever into a FF7 thread, without even the slightest hint that it would do so?

Don’t you just looooove off topic posts? 8p I sure do. sarcasm

And Fuzzi seems highly skilled at off-topic posts. Anyone else in agreement here?

Ok, let’s get bak to the topic. CHRONO CROSS SUCKS!!! In my opinion.

And one more question. WHAT THE FUCK IS OMFGASPAGE??? I’m not hip to l33t sp33k.