Chrono Cross fucking sucks

You’re leaving out the Tesseract (mispelt, I know), Dinopolis, and Chronopolis, which is heavily heavily tied in to Lucca and what she achieved. The links really are there, but most people miss them. For example, Robo is in FATE which is the Mother Brain. Lucca put the Prometheus circuit (I forget the exact words) there for security reasons I believe and well, there’s another link. You just have to look REALLY hard…that way, in a sense, CC, upon first glance, stands on its own…you have to work for the links. There’s a kick ass plot analysis on www.gamefaqs.com which elaborates A LOT more. The storyline is quite intruiging and complicated.

Now I don’t know what to think. Just to be sure, it was released in Europe, right.

Well, it’s a matter of opinion. Obviously from this thread, some people don’t enjoy the storyline (or anything) at all, for any reason at all, and there are others who see it as a masterpiece or just a great game. Just try it out.

Shit dude, I loved Chrono Cross. x.x; I don’t know what about it grabbed me, but I really liked the characters (The ones that I used, anyways), how some sidequests had different dialogue based on who was with you, how you could go quite a few different ways to do certain things… I loved how you fought against FATE, and how it turned FATE into what it did.

Well one thing that I thought was annoying about it was the difficulty was pretty much random. The game could be really easy or incredibly hard.

Well, if you try to make a direct sequel to a game that’s acquired the sort of iconic status among RPGs that Chrono Trigger has, using that status to promote your sequel in the process, the flip side is that you’re bound to run into extremely high expectations. That’s a matter of course.

That’s true. They were very memorable, though, if only because you got to spend a lot of time with each of them.

Fucking rocks, I know.

Just because Sin’s opinion agrees with your opinion doesn’t make you right.

I liked it. It wasn’t anywhere near the best RPG I’d ever played (Tales of Eternia \m/) but it was still a good game.

I didn’t mind the story, and all the characters were really cool, its just the battle system didn’t make me feel i was doing any real damage.

I enjoyed it a lot. I’m afraid I’m going to have to assume that Sinistral’s taste in music is completely orthogonal to mine, because CC has by far the most enjoyable soundtrack I’ve ever heard in a game. Bar none.

As for the rest of the game: Yes, the storyline was convoluted and the plot sagged at times, and there were too many characters. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot and have played it at least four times so far. I loved the musical play thingy Nikki put on, that was really cool. :sunglasses:

I don’t take it seriously no matter who says it, so I hope you’re not mad if I ever told you I disagreed with you :stuck_out_tongue: For some reason, I imagine we have argued about this before though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just enjoyed the game. The gameplay was really fun and engaging, the story, while executed really badly, was pretty nice. It was enough to keep me interested, at least. A lot of people don’t like the music; I think it’s really really good. It’s the only RPG OST I actually own, haha :stuck_out_tongue: I really think it had the feel of the original Chrono Trigger, and tons of songs were memorable. The graphics were also amazing. It was FF7-ish in style, but with more clarity of course, cos it’s older. :stuck_out_tongue:

And lastly Sin, if you don’t want it, and are willing to part with it for virtually nothing, I’m right here! :smiley: My mom is an idiot and put the DISCS (not with the case) in the bottom of a box, Well, they aren’t able to be used anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoyed it, but it certainly was not as good as the original CT. I didn’t get the story personally, but I’ve heard many things on how it makes more sense the second time through. As it stand, I’m just going to not argue nor agree with that, since I may never get around to doing that.

And the music rocked.

I agree with the concert thing, it was really moving. The scenes I didn’t care about, but the track was great.

I’ve said that I hate CC for years, and backed it up with reasons…

But I actually like the music. I totally dig the fiddle-esque work.

so CC sucks compared to CT… how does it hold out against other games then? is it worth playing/buying?

CC has a few good tracks, but a lot of the tracks really didn’t ring a chord with me. I utterly despised the battle tracks for example. Speaking of battles (actually, the games events too), they often seemed to have been thrown in there just for kicks. That annoyed the hell out of me. The fetch questiness of the game essentially revolved around “you need to get this from there but before that you need to go here but I’m not going to tell you you need to go get it in the other dimension, but only after you went through a couple mini dungeons with a few fights you won’t want to do because it’ll feel like a waste of your time”.

As for the story bits that are related, yeah I got those. I thought it was interesting, but in no way did it redeem the really shoddy execution. I mean christ, the fucking speech you get from the mini chrono kids outside the last warp before the final boss made me wanna cry. And not in the FFX way.

And I borrowed the game. Man I’m happy I didn’t buy it.

Just because Sin’s opinion agrees with your opinion doesn’t make you right.
YOU LIE!!! LOSER :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I liked it, it was nice to see something different coming from Square…

Sin, there were like two battle tracks out of 60 songs. 8p Anyway… yeah, like I said, the convoluted story is definitely a downside. But I’m of the opinion that if the gameplay is interesting enough (whether that be by having cool graphics/sound, fun battles, challenging explorations, etc.) I can replay it. CC is just something I like experiencing regardless of how asinine the story is.

I was using those as an example. However, one has to remember the frequency at which a track is played. Some games have more battle tracks, but if they’re played too much and under the wrong circumstances (like if its annoying on top of it), then it lends itself to an unpleasant experience. This is a little farfetched, but to make a point, if battles compose a third of the total game experience, how much of the game is spent, then a third of the game, 10 hours of a 30 hour game, you’re sitting listening to crappy music if its not good. And the way it pervades through the entire game relentlessly makes it unavoidable. So you’re stuck for what seems like an even bigger chunk of the game wanting to stab out your ears.

And Square made plenty of “different” games :P.