Chrono Cross fucking sucks

Jesus fucking christ, I can’t believe I just put myself through that discontinuous deus ex machina riddled pos of a fetch quest with bad music and more loose ends than in my fucking hair. Urgh…

Personaly, I liked it. But I’m not gonna argue. I CAN see why many people don’t like it.

I couldnt wait for it to come out. Although i like it, I’m quite disappointed the way it turned out.

Word Sin.

Just out of interest, what’s the storyline? Is it any good? And how’s the gameplay?

I thought it was a HUGE dissapointment, because I was expecting something completly differant (like something as good as chrono trigger).

The plot was so convoluted and twisted, even I couldn’t keep track of it all, nor did I really want to. But I still liked it. I’m sad like that.

I’m going to argue AGAINST sin, but with the same argument! CC SUCKED!!!

THANK YOU for stating what I’ve stated so many times before and wasn’t taken seriously about because I’m Hades.

I guess it’s an acquired taste. I liked it as much as Chrono Trigger, personally.

Chrono Trigger was one of my first ever RPGs and I got a little attached to certain parts of it like the characters and the music, so I didn’t like CC as much; I might have been setting my hopes too high.

It continues 20 years after CT and it centres around the land south of Porre…where CT was involved with time travelling, CC centred around crossing dimension’s, hence the word “cross”. You have the Home world and the Another world and basically you start out by accidently crossing dimensions, and in this “Another” dimension, you as the silent protagonist (Serge) realize that you are dead in this world. which eventually leads up to who is this mystery evil man named Lynx and why is this cute austrailian chick named Kid trying to kill him? What is her association with Lucca? and then thaaat leads up to discovering that Schala is alive, and how close CC ties into CT even though you don’t think it. They affect each other A LOT… you just have to piece it together.

As for the gameplay itself, it’s nothing like CT. The overworld map is similar, but other than that, nothing remains the same…

So it is in fact more convoluted than CT was. Hmm…might get that.

CC’s storyline is very Donnie Darko-ish.

Never seen it. Probably would enjoy it, but can’t find it anywhere. Which is actually quite annoying.

Twas a lame game, even though it had a mexican professional wrestler

Not really, Eva. That doesn’t come close to explaining how CC lacks continuity.

You start the game, randomly get sent into another dimension where you’re dead, get pursued but walk right into the hands of the bad guy continuously, but that’s not what is really fucked up. What is really fucked up is how a Schala from 1 dimension heard Serge cry over 10000 years into the future after being fusioned to Lavos , which is just at the right time to stop her from destroying the world after she went nuts and sent a clone of herself, Kid (which makes little sense as to how she knows what she knows half the time), to save your life multiple times. Then in 1 reality, your dad goes nuts and becomes the bad guy (transformed) who wants to take over your body to enter a room to get a really powerful artifact for reasons unknown. But you kill him, not knowing he’s your dad. Everything about the game and that I just mentionned is explained in the last 10 minutes of the game (which lasts up to 30 hours) after a series of deus ex machina events (ie random shit happens to save your life in ways completely unrelated to you) , including the entire storyline, which at this point was nothing more than a tedious series of fetch quests that largely felt disconnected from the game

See, the concept of the game isn’t that bad. Its bad, but it could be worse. The execution REALLY threw the game down the toilet. God the MUSIC X_X :noway:. And this doesn’t even touch the complete and utter lack of character development.

Now I begin to fell slightly less inclined to buy it.

At least half the people who play Chrono Cross claim that it “fucking sucks”. I commend Sin for being in the 5% of these people that hates it for a reason other than “it’s not Chrono Trigger”.

Sin is also the first person I’ve ever heard say that it has bad music, interestingly enough.

For the record, I think it’s a great game, different than Chrono Trigger, but still good. Then again, I LIKE games with tons of playable characters. Who gives a fuck if all of them have lots of “character development”? It’s not like the characters in Chrono Trigger had that much character development in the first place.

The only problem I had with Chrono Cross is its convoluted storyline, but the rest was top-notch.

arent you going to argue with me, Sin?