Christians pick on the wrong person

I have met a few of aggressive but hypocritical Christians (mostly proselytisers), but I have ignored them and or said something witty and then ignored them. I know that their arguments are baseless, but, inasmuch as sometimes I have had the desire to debate with them, I have better things for which I might use my energy and time in life.

Evangelion’s boyfriend has a right to his own opinions. Even though what he did obviously offended the other party, he himself clearly was not looking for a fight. As Evangelion herself said, it was the other party who chose to open a conversation.

How was it a my penis is bigger than yours game? he laughed at a religious slogan and buddy got offended. I don’t see how that is “oh Im better than you cuz Im a Christian” or “Im better than you cuz Im not”. And that wasn’t the jist of the small conversation anyways…

All Jesus wanted to do was save the world and drink red wine.
We should stop arguing and do what he would want us to do: Drink red wine. *Nod, nod.

They were from Washington :stuck_out_tongue:

Then to travel all the way from Washington just to bitch and moan at the Dalai Lama, one of the most peaceful men on the planet, is pathetic of them. I guess extremists/fundies go to no lengths to spread their bullshit.

Hmm. I guess I interpreted it more how Zeppy did, which was, your boyfriend chuckled, the girl in the car asked why he laughed, he said at your sticker, she said do you have a problem with jesus? he said no I have a problem with you being arrogant. And that was the first “statement” of the night, to use the words we’re all using. But there was tension between the two parties already (your boyfriend and the Christian couple), and that unspoken tension is the root of the problem. He was convinced that they were arrogant about their religion, they were convinced that he was attacking their religion. Neither one was necessarily true, but that’s what happens when you assume. Make an ass out of u and me, lol.

I mean, not all people have stickers that say, “only love for Jesus will get you into heaven” for the sole purpose of making a statement to people, you know? There are other reasons: perhaps they like to be reminded. Or maybe their best friend who passed away gave it to them, and they show it out of respect and love. I think that’s the difference between a sticker like that, and a sticker like, “all nonbelievers will burn in hell.” If you were an angry Christian you’d buy the second one, and you’d be more ready to defend your point, and if you got your point shoved up your ass, well, it’s your fault for making such an obviously provocative, negatively focused statement. I just think it’s kind of short-sighted to automatically assume that these people were looking for trouble, just because they had a bumper sticker.

In any case, both sides were totally at fault, because both people were mean to each other and didn’t think about how the other person would feel. Like, it’s cute because the member of the RPGC-home-team didn’t get beaten up, we can laugh about it and shake our heads…but like you said, he may have been out of line. He’s human too, it’s cool, it’s all good. I still respect him as much as I respect everybody, which is a lot. We’ve all been and all are hypocrites in one way or another. It’d just be better to be more humble about it when dealing with other people, is all I’m trying to say.