Chocobo Pronounciation

Umm… no… it’s not chocolate… it’s ch (oh) cobo lol.

How many different sayings ARE there of chocobo? I’m just curious. :stuck_out_tongue:

well I know in FF: LOTC it was pronounced Cho-cobo

but I like pronouncing it as Cocoa-bo

Sha - ka - bow

Not really. Cho - ko - bo

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
How many different sayings ARE there of chocobo? I’m just curious. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say too many to list.

Originally posted by Mitsu
True, but blah I’ve always said Chocolate Chocobo.

I like how that sounds like a sweet.

Choc-o-bo
Thats a new one to me.

I’v always pronounced it as

Cho-co-bo. You know . You break it up, and sound it out to get the word.

Cho-ko-bow…

And what exactly are these? Some birds-ostriches or what? I’ve been always wondering the same thing, I don’t remember any FF that tells you exactly what they are…?

I always assumed it was Cho-co-bow because in Japanese, the vowels are ah, eh, ee, oh, and oo. Like Spanish. I could be wrong.

Chocobo . . . hmm . . .

I’ve always pronounced all of the o’s in chocobo to be long vowel sounds, like many others have stated.

The correct pronunciation is ‘WARK!’

I said the chocolate-type one for the longest time, but switched to the long o-sound somewhere in the past couple years.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Again, the real pronunciation is the way they do it in FFX, based on the phonetic spelling in Japanese. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Well, a Japanese ‘o’ is different than an English long ‘o’. When we say a long ‘o’, we really say, ‘oh-oo’. After we make the ‘oh’ sound, we finish with ‘oo’ as in ‘cool’. Japanese people just say, ‘oh’. It’s somewhere in between the long and short English ‘o’s’. ‘Chau-co-bo’ and ‘choh-co-bo’ are equally correct.

Xwing1056

I’ve always pronounced it “cho-ko-bo”. Well at least since one of my friends ridiculed my “ko-ko-bo” pronounciation. I thought I was the only one who ever pronounced it that way.