Challenge to SweetCookiePie

Well SweetCookiePie, I would like to ask you a question.

Do try writing something and posting it to the Media board. I’d love to see you try, since you’er obviously so good at it, seeing as you bitched out Chris-Chris for no other reason besides that you didn’t like her work and couldn’t remain civil about it.

Oh yes, I’d love to see your write something, so I’m inviting you. You must be good after all, being able to critique someone so scathingly, and in unnessecary ways.

That said, never tell someone to commit suicide again. As someone who has attempted to do so, I would like to say that is seriously uncalled for.

My challenge stands, I’d like to see what you can do.

/me holds the crying Chris-Chris, in his arms

It’s ok, Chris, I still like your work.

Yeah! Try and write poems of my calibur!

gives Chrissy some chocolate and a plushie
Yeah! That was NOT funny!

Originally posted by StarStorm
That said, never tell someone to commit suicide again. As someone who has attempted to do so, I would like to say that is seriously uncalled for.

I did not know he told someone to kill him/herself. If he did, I’d jus like to say this:

stabs SCP NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, ASSHOLE!

Yeah, even though he was expressing his opinion, that was pretty fucking stupid.
Lesse you make something y’little bastard.

Edit: AND he said for her to kill herself? Man, I’d only do that if someone was threatening to do it when they’re online.

You know, SCP’s first comment wasn’t THAT bad, sure he became offensive later but can you blame him, you guys jumped on him like a pack of hyenas.

I wasn’t here to jump on him, am I safe from this verbal assrape?

I never insulted him before, I only got involved because he told CC to kill herself.

Same thing here. That attitude is exactly the kind of thing we DON’T like!:enguard:
And furthermore, you have no right to make such comments about Chrissy’s relationship. Mind your own business.

…when the hell did this happen? Sorry Chrissy that that happend though.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
And furthermore, you have no right to make such comments about Chrissy’s relationship. Mind your own business.

Eh, if they made it public, then they should expect some criticism from somewhere.

Sure, but just going around bashing it and offending them for no reason is something quite revolting.

I believe Weiila’s already taking this event to the administration, but I would love to see him/her accept this challenge.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Sure, but just going around bashing it and offending them for no reason is something quite revolting.

So are a lot of things…

Now kids…

If everyone else’s poetry sucks so much, then yours must be so good that we should not be able to look at it without praising you, by what you’ve said.

So, if our work sucks so much, I expect you to accept this challenge and show us the best work of poetry any of us ever have and ever will see.

If you can’t, maybe you shouldn’t say such things about the work of others, y’think?

You people are taking the suicide thing too far. It’s not a big deal, and whether you think it is or isn’t is irrelevent - the fact is, that it just simply is not a big deal.

I personally didn’t really like Chris Chris’s poems because I also found them to be angsty crap. Why didn’t myself or SweetCookiePie like them? Because we thought they were angsty crap. There really isn’t any better way to explain it - if you don’t know what angst means, look it up, and if you dont know what crap means, well, look that up too.

Furthermore, someone doesn’t have to be the equivilent of Edgar Allen Poe to deliver a harsh criticisim - I suck at poetry, but I can critique it all the same. I know what’s good, I just can’t produce it. If people who couldn’t do something had no right to critique that thing, then the world would be in a pretty shabby state of affairs - I personally think the opinions of those people who really don’t have any serious learning in what I want them to talk about are much more down to earth. People who know what they’re talking about have a tendency to fluff it up with bullshit.

While SCP’s first message was just fine (Which stated that it was angsty crap), and that was pretty much enough of an explanation. After reading the first poem she put up, I didn’t read anymore because I didn’t really like it, and I figured she wouldn’t value what I said anyway, so I didn’t bother saying it. I would have said the exact same thing (and I’m serious, pretty much the exact same thing) had I posted, but I just didn’t.

Now, the next message was over the top, and unneccessary. Constructive criticisim is like a fight, it just doesn’t go one way. You get hit, 99% chance is you’re gonna hit back. How you hit back is what makes it constructive, and if you make it concise and with a point, it may very well be criticisim.

I happen to agree- I did not like ChrisChris’ poems. However, I think that maybe he could have told her why instead of just saying “its angsty crap.” Nobody becomes a good poet… hell… a good ANYTHING if there is criticism without exact reasoning.

And this “challenge” is also out of line. Much like Sorcerer said, just because someone cannot produce a specific type of art does not mean that they cannot criticize that particular art. Hell- I’m not in a “metal” band like Metallica, but I criticize them all the time!

I’d also like to say that I think people are way to polite, myself. If I posted complete and utter crap on these message boards, I would hear people saying “great job!” or “interesting!” I know because I have done it- I looked back and said “oh my GOD what was this complete and utter crap I was writing,” and then I remembered that you ENCOURAGED me to write crap… x_x

Oh and if someone criticizes you, even if it is so scathing, don’t assume that person has something against that person- I saw a couple of other posts that were like “Why do you hate me/her” which was complete bull. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I think angsty crap was sufficient - it implies that she didn’t like the poems because it was angsty, hence she thought it was crap.

For artists, you guys don’t read into things very much.

To reiterate, people shouldn’t have to produce evidence that validates their opinion. If you want, I can validate mine by criticisimg CC’s poem line by line - I don’t want too, but for the sake of argument I could. I’ve done it before.