Capcom Fighting Evolution

Yeah, but I’m gonna assume this Ingrid person isn’t a cute and nummy succubus. :stuck_out_tongue:

Naw, shes a little gothic lolita with shiney stary sparkle power stuff… Not sure what it IS… but she seems neat.

Yes, but she isn’t a succubus, so.

True dat. Oh well, toss her to the tentacles I guess.

Which one? :smiley:

Which ever is less willing, that usually makes for better anime.

I somehow imagine Lilith would be more willing … hell, she can turn her wings into tentacles.

My fave thing about CFE:

Alex

Besides that? Well, they included alot of random ass characters that are very much not common-place in the fighters. Like Rose.

Capcom has done somthing very interesting here, they’ve given us the option… no, they force us, to play characters that alot of people would never have dreamed of using. THIS is going to make for interesting gameplay. I personally LOVE using Alex, so I’ll be trying out a secondary for him. Having parry really makes a big difference to me, so it’ll be hard to switch back and fourth from third strike style to others… Perhaps I’ll dust off Sakura again and see how well she plays.

Yes, but you still can’t play Lilith. Or Morrigan.

But you can play “Count Vlad Stupid”… or whatever his name was… that dumb vampire.

The mummy rocks… I really dont like Nightstalkers though.

Gimmie Street Fighter or Rival Schools characters any day over the random assortment of monsters and catgirl.

Demitri. Yeah, he’s a tool.

Or megaman. :bowser:

oh well at least the game has Blanka… right?

he my second favorite capcom character.
though it always buged me that capcom never explained why living in brazil will turn your skin green. :moogle:

Can’t people do their own research on the game as far as the roster goes?

SF2 : Ryu, Guile, Zangief, Bison
SF3 : Alex, Chun-Li, Yun, Urien
Darkstalkers : Demitri, Jedah, Anakaris, Felicia
Alpha : Guy, Rose, Sakura, Karin
Red Earth : Leo, Kenji, Hydron, Hauzer

HIDDEN BOSSES : Pyron and maybe a few others.

The only true crap characters are the Red Earth ones, who are seriously complete shit…but that may be because I’ve never played Red Earth before. Once I get the hang of Leo I might switch from Zangief to him…but I doubt that’ll happen. Zangief = BAD ASS.

Plus, the endings are drawn by those who make the SF comic. Yeah. Studio UDON. That’s rad.

Zangief’s ending is funny.

So is it worth the 30 bucks?

I say yes. It’s most probably the most solid fighting game I’ve seen since TS, and even if it’s a bit counter-character at points, it’s still very enjoyable. Plus, it’s only 30 friggin’ bucks.

However, for the absolutely craptastic french manual, I’m glad I paid 10 bucks more than you guys did (40$ CAN, 30$ US). I mean, “Vrille Batteuse De Pieu”. You can’t make that shit up!

Ok, I tried the game out. I’m pretty impressed. It’s kind hard to play, though…that might be cos I was never a big fan of Street Fighter Alpha, and never got the chance to try Darkstalkers…but it’s pretty tough. I’m not good enough with SF3 Chun to hold my own on full difficulty most of the time. Thankfully, I can still rip shit up with SF2 Guile, hahaha.

And man, Iga, you were right. Zangief rolls out on deez motherfuckers. The SPD is not only strong but the range is absurd. I was playing the computer, and I cornered myself, and I was gonna bait him with a sweep…well, right when I was gonna kick…I got SPD’ed? :open_mouth: It was fuckin intense. :stuck_out_tongue: The SF2 and SF3 characters, I know well enough to combat them, but I’m gonna have to do some serious learning for the other ones, especially the Red Earth characters. Whoa god, they’re weird. They computers for them are totally random, too.

Man, the poor Video Games Forum.

Somebody oughtta move this there. The forum was created for a reason.

Oh, and speaking of Zangief, is he really gay? People are always saying that, but was it ever confirmed, or just implied by Capcom of Japan?

I’ve never seen a video games forum, only the video game help forum.

Zangief is really gay, it’s been confirmed by Capcom of Japan. Ever since Street Fighter 2, in fact. However, it was hinted very much at his homosexuality, especially his Street Fighter Alpha 3 incarnation, where his dislike was “young, lucious women”. The plot guide has more information on this than I do, so check it out. It’s on gamefaqs somewhere, or at fighter mania.