Can you recomend some ps2 RPG's for me?

Looking for somthing a little out of the norm, Like parasite eve or somthing. I dunno, stuff like DQ8 got a little old to me after playing it for 28 hours. I’ve been playing Star Ocean:TTEOT and can say I like it alot. The live action style RPG fighting is a freash Change of pace. A friend of mine Says to try out Makai Kingdom. Any notes on that?

Makai Kingdom is awesome, but it may not be what you are looking for. MK (not to be confused with Mortal Kombat) is a SRPG, not a traditional one. Also, if you are not a fan of mind numbing level-cruching like me, you may not want to invest your time in it.

Grandia 2 and 3 are pretty good. especially 2. Good story, entertaining characters, and a really fun battle system.

If you HAVE to try a Nippon Ichi game (Makai Kingdom is one), go with Disgaea. It has been the best I’ve played yet and it’ll give you a good idea of what to expect from the rest.

Thanks for your replys. I’ll be sure to Check some of these things out. I have one other question through. When you mean “Mind numbing Level Crunching” Do you mean Diablo 2 LoD style “runs” Where they fight a Area a million times over in hopes of getting something worthwhile while leveling? Becuase if thats the case, than I think I might want to skip it.

Try these games out Wild ARMs 3 or 4, Disgaea or Dark Cloud 2. I really think that you should try Dark Cloud 2 because it will keep your eyes glued to the screen.

:ark: Winner!

Putting aside the whole hatred I have for WA4, I don;t think WA3 and 4 are different enough for what he’s looking for. They’re more traditional RPG systems/stories.

Ooh! Ooh! What do I win?

Anyway, to answer your question Poo, I’m not sure as I’ve never played Diablo. Like I said before Makai Kingdom is a S[trategy(aka Tactical)]RPG. There is a massive amount of levelling involved if you want to beat every level in the game. You have to repeaedly travel through random dungeons to get to required levels. I enjoy these types of things, but some people don’t.

A good PS2 game that I liked alot is Tales of Legendia. I still have a little bit left of the game to play but I’m about 90% done with it. I beat the main game so I can say that it is a good solid game. Nothing to special about it but its fun and easy while not being super easy, and its not one of those games where you have to spend hours of leveling up. Not to mention the pacing of the story is pretty consistent. Its a solid game that I would definetly recomend! Especially if your a fan of the “Tales of” series.

P.S.- Its not turn based, the battle system is kind of like a fighting game. The soul caliber team help develop it. If you like the Star Ocean system I think you will really like this one.

Try Castlevania:Curse of Darkness. Though it’s not a typical rpg, it is still a rpg in a way that you gain exp and money.

Well by “Parasite Eve” you mean something “darker” there’s always the Shadow Hearts series or the ever popular Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Any of the Nippon Ichi SRPGs are fun, try any of them, Disgaea is generally considered the best although my favorite was Phantom Brave, gotta love the abilty to turn any environmental object into a deadly weapon. I Had Hawkmen running around wielding giant fir trees, and cat people armed with fish.

Dark Cloud 1 is good.Okage the Shadow King is a bit unusual.The entire Monster Rancher series sometimes I sit for hours and just put in disks to get monsters lol.