Can anyone of you remember this old fox saturday morning cartoon?

I will make a list of things that I remember about this show

1. It was aired sometime in the 90s. I’m guessing somtime between 90 and 95.
  2. It was set in the future
  3. It was about a colony/colonies on mars
  4. in the commercial for it, there was a military man that said “they’re dropping like flies”
  5. The main character a child, possibly a teenager
  6. The main character found this kind of animal that he became friends with
  7. At some point of the show he returned that animal to its family, a race of large tripedal, highly intelligent animals, that were thought to be myth

Here is a picture that I made of the animal, to the best of my memory. and what it looked like when it became an adult. It might have had three eyes now that I remember it, I’m not sure.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=10505&highlight=mars

Although CH already linked to a thread, the show was Red Planet. I feel the need to point this out only so that I may state that it premeired on my birthday, at least where I lived.
It’s based on a Robert A. Heinlein novel, loosely, for the record.

Holy shit. I STILL remember this. And, oddly enoughm was just thinking about it a few days ago. Weird.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU CLOTHHAT?! WHY WOULD <u>YOU</u> THINK OF THAT SHOW?! I’VE BEEN TRYING TO THINK OF THAT SHOW FOR YEARS! AND RED PLANET IS AS CLICHE AS YOU CAN GET!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A THREAD ON IT???

On the distant mining world of New Aries, a young colonist, Jim Marlowe, has acquired a native pet, a “roundhead” he names Willis, which can parrot speech and record visual information. As Jim and his sister P.J. are about to be sent to a boarding school, their mother Jane, the colony’s chief medical officer, discovers that a substance in the deeper mines is killing the miners. She uses her authority to shut down the mines, but the decision is rescinded by the evil colony leader, a Beta Earth Mining Company man who sees only the rich profits at any cost. When the colony leader and the school’s headmaster discover that Jim has a roundhead in captivity, they seek to steal it for use in medical experiments to make a serum that will temporarily protect the miners against the deadly substances in the mines. Willis records their conversation and when Jim escapes with him, it sets off a revolt against the Company that ends up involving the mysterious intelligent natives. Only Jim’s friendship with Willis saves the colonists from eviction or possibly genocide at the hands of the natives, and in an epilogue set many decades later, we see that humans remained and “terraformed” New Aries to make it suitable for both species to co-exist.

I remember having a dream that I had a pet willis