Calling All Metalheads

While Nine Inch Nails are pretty good, they have absolutely nothing to do with metal.

dripping with sarcasm
well excuse me!!
I hope Cradle of Filth is metal enough for Gila-Monster cuz I like them and I don’t want him to yell at me. :bowser:

Here. This should help you tell what metal is.

METAL!!! fuck, where do I start.

Let’s see, Metallica and Iron Maiden were the first two metal bands I ever listened to. I like progressive shit like Queensryche and Dream Theater. I also like power and death/grindcore. Other good bands that haven’t been mentioned are Hammerfall, Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, Lamb of God/Burn the Priest, Toxic Narcotic, God Dethroned, Entombed, Manowar, Emperor, Eyehategod, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Sepultura, Helloween, and I can’t think of anymore at the moment

While Nine Inch Nails has some songs that you could consider metal (“March of the Pigs,” for example) I wouldn’t say that “they” would be considered metal altogether. They’re poppy industrial rock.

And Helloween is hilarious. But not as hilarious as Manowar… although that’s unintentional. :stuck_out_tongue:

Saying that, I still love them both.

Mr. Torture sells pain to the housewives in Spain…

Oh, and Six Feet under rock too, yeah. And Chimaira in case I didn’t mention them.

I don’t like much metal, cos it’s just too angry for me; I can’t really relate to it. For some reason, though, I really dig Slayer.

Also, random note…anyone who liked Dream Theatre should try out Liquid Tension Experiment, a band that consists of some members of Dream Theatre.

Didn’t realize megadeth was so well liked around here…i’m so happy :bowser:

Anyway, i don’t consider myself a metalhead, but megadeth’s been my favorite band for as long as i can remember, my favorite track is “Lucretia” or maybe “Hangar18”. I like their new stuff as well.

Metallica(they give the best shows i’ve seen), Savatage, Pantera, Dream Theater, Stratovarius, Soundgarden(not metal) are among my favorites as well.

Cheers :toast:

[QUOTE=Genericangstyposter]I’m sorry? Black album? Uh… yeah. You need to get out more, man. It’s not a bad album, but it’s certainly not their best. Anyway…

King Diamond. Mercyful Fate. Listen, now.

I’ll list more later; I’m tired now.[/QUOT

Not the best? Ahem Unforgiven alone makes the album stand out. Wherever I May Roam and Sad But True are also strong points on the disk. I really like Reload though. Fuel, Unforgiven Too, and Better Then you rate it up next to the Black Album. BTW, I hardly ever stay in.

OPINION’d. Must be the generation gap talking, though. As for my favorite Metallica album, it’d be Puppets. I hated Reload(and Load). St. Anger did redeem Metallica somewhat. Though it wasn’t as strong as Puppets, Lightning, Kill 'em All, Justice, or Black. The drums on St. Anger sound a bit garage-y.

Megadeth is the shit. I like them better than 'Tallica. By a long shot.

Damn, I forgot about Chimaira. Thanks, DT. Without Moral Restraint is currently in my Winamp playlist.

Killswitch Engage is also a very good band. If you like that kind of thing, check out Unearth and Hatebreed as well.

As for some other good metal bands, I suggest Anthrax(either with Joey Bellardino or John Bush on vocals), Armored Saint(John Bush’s band before joining Anthrax) as add ons to my other suggestions.

While on the topic of Anthrax and its offshoots, though not a metal band, SOD is a good listen. A hardcore side project featuring Scott Ian and Charlie Benante from Anthrax.

Pantera are my favourite at the moement, though the new System album is supposed to be good.

As for song… Pantera: Revolution Is My Name, System: BYOB and though it’s not metal it’s GOOD: Nine Inch Nails: The Hand That Feeds.

what? How did St. Anger redeem Metallica? I’d say it made them worse… now they’re just drop tuning their guitars and singing about “st.angers” and “unnamed feelings”. I personally think that stuff is just as bad, if not worse, than their 90’s stuff.

oh, and a really good metal website is http://www.metal-archives.com/
It’s been posted before, but it’s a pretty good resource. It has information on almost every metal band.

Yeah I’ve heard stuff by them, they’re great. Very jazzy.

I like to listen to Metallica’s “Fuel” while I speed down deserted country roads.
anyone like Killswitch Engage?

Speaking of St. Anger era Metallica…

…new bassist Rob Trujilo.

Czech out his 80’s work, as part of the revolving door lineup that comprised Suicidal Tendencies. He played bass for ST during their most “metal” period. “Lights… Camera… Revolution” and “How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can’t Even Smile Today?” are albums near and dear to my heart.

Yeah Rob is a pretty good bassist. I’m glad they got a bassist that plays with his fingers, because Cliff Burton played with his fingers… it totally fits the sound.

3 cheers for speeding down deserted country raods!!! btw, fuel is an awesome song.

While i enjoy other cd’s more, i can’t say that i hate ride the lightning. in fact it’s not even at the bottom of the list. you’re right though, fade to blacck is pretty sweet.

I like metallica, seeing how its the only metal i listen to, i just enjoy classic rock, screaming isnt really my thing.

Screaming isn’t really what heavy metal is about, for all of it. If you like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, or Black Sabbath chances are that you’d like some heavy metal.