Calling All Metalheads

Hey all you metalheads (are there any out there?) this is for you guys. Who’s the best metal band? what’s the best song? Personally, i do believe that Metallica is my favorite band currently with their Black Album…although Reload is preeeetty sweet. My fav song right now would be Wherever I May Roam. And please don’t tell me i’m the only metalhead on the site… :hint:

I wouldn’t call myself a metalhead, but my favorate band - Sonata Arctica - is a metal band. I just got their latest album, Reckoning Night, last week, and it absolutely rocks.

I almost got a copy of Ecliptica that same day, but I didn’t have much money with me.

Metallica? Black Album? vomit… well ok it’s not that bad, but it’s not thier best, that’s for sure. I personally prefer their first four albums over the rest of their catalogue.

Favourite metal band? That would be hard to choose… I have many favourites. I suppose out of all the bands out there, Destroyer 666 would be my favourite band. They haven’t let me down yet.

Megadeth is great, but a lot of their later stuff is pretty bland, and isn’t very thrashy. Iron Maiden is awesome, infact I don’t think I’ve heard a bad song by them. Judas Priest are also up there with Iron Maiden, cause they’re legends. And of course there’s Venom, Bathory, Carcass, Death, Slayer, Immortal, Mercyful Fate… lots and lots more too. Metal is awesome.

The Black Album and Justic are by FAR their best albums. Load and Reload are good too. The only Metallica album I really hate is Ride the Lightning, save Fade to Black, which amazingly manages to be a pearl in an otherwise shit album. I’m not super crazy about Kill 'em All either.

Oh, Garage Inc. is good too. Metallica is notorious in my mind for being able to turn shitty songs into fucking AWESOME covers. Points in case: Die, Die My Darling, and Whiskey in the Jar. The originals are so bad x.X;;; But Metallica somehow makes them work. Thin Lizzy and The Misfits are among the worst music I’ve ever had scorch my ears.

Aside from Metallica, I like Dream Theater and some Blind Guardian.

I don’t know if they are metal, but…
SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN
SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN SYSTEM OF A DOWN
I LOVE THEM
oh yeah and Beck too. “E-pro” rocks.

How did Beck come up in a Metal thread?

Personally, as far as metal goes, I tend to stick to Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, and a few others. Out of all of those, Metallica is my favorite, but that’s really just because I found them first. I enjoy Dream Theater the most, but there are a few Megadeth songs that stand out as well. Overall, I dont have a favorite.

I’m sorry? Black album? Uh… yeah. You need to get out more, man. It’s not a bad album, but it’s certainly not their best. Anyway…

King Diamond. Mercyful Fate. Listen, now.

I’ll list more later; I’m tired now.

Metallica, Megadeth, Disturbed, In Flames, Black Label Society, GnR, Pantera (I’ve only heard three songs, but they’re pretty good imo), and Iron Maiden.

I’m a huge Dream Theather fan- absolutely love their sound. Dai’s also gotten me into Queensrÿche, so I’ve been listening to them a lot now too.

“ÿ?” Oh ho ho! Aren’t we sophisticated now! >_>;;

Queensrÿche is an awesome band, and Tate has an excellent voice. I think that you’d actually enjoy them, Hades. Start out with Operation: Mindcrime.

Oh I’ve heard them, and I did like them. I forget what exactly I’ve heard though. It was a long time ago.

Hey, this whole site is metal!
Half of America is metal!
Even Jenna Bush is fuckin metal!

Look at those horns! She jsut pissed off the fucking devil with that!

Current Favorite Band/song right now for me would be Pantera/Cowboys From Hell or Cemetery Gates. As for bands I like, well, there are a lot of 'em. Venom definitely. Metallica’s first 4 albums (especially Ride the Lightning). Megadeth’s early stuff and their latest release. Black Label Society’s 1919 Eternal is kicking my ass right now. Iron Maiden. Definitely Maiden. Uh, lesse Voivod, Metal Church (so-so), some prog-metal bands like Symphony X, Shadows Fall, In Flames (though from what I hear they’re latest release isn’t as good as they’re previous albums), uhm, I can’t really think of anymore band names, but I know there are way more than that.

Sure, very sophisticated, copied it right off my playlist since I figured someone would say something without it. >_> And yeah, get Operation: Mindcrime- you’ll like it even more if you listen to it now.

Out of curiousity, why do you dislike Ride The Lightning?
I’m trying to be serious here. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are actually people listening to Queensryche here <333 I love you guys.
I also second the SYSTEMOF A DOWN~~ ;p
Well. I love black metal and am currently absolutely addicted to Dimmu Borgir. And partially Cradle of Filth. And the new Arch Enemy- album. And Murderdolls/ Wednesday 13, although that isn’t metal but I’m fuckin LOVIN’ it (‘some people prefer the finer things in life, I’m alright just hangin out with the ghooost of vincent price’ sings :D)
Also: Pantera, Exilia, Drowning Pool (older stuff), In Flames (OLD stuff), Cannibal Corpse, Cult of Luna, opeth, Enslaved and Slayer. OH, and Nachtfalke, Dornenreich and Morbid Angel. On and Moonblood. <3 Dude, I could go on and on and on…~~

Hm… currently my favorite metal band is SuidAkrA, especially their cover of Moonlight Shadow on Command To Charge (Hidden track).
I’ve already spammed them before, but here www.suidakra.com

Edit: I also like pantera, two songs by slayer, megadeth, and basically anything that has good instrumentation to it.

http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/top100/top100.htm

This is a good start, BTW- as are these:

http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/top50extreme/top50extreme.htm (Hades, avoid this, you’d hate them all, except maybe Mercyful Fate)

http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/top50glam/top50glam.htm

Anybody but me like Nine Inch Nails?
Bite the hand that feeds, man.
good stuff.
And their old stuff is great too.