Callin all Brits (and anyone else who cares)

Bah, I was going to watch it but I must have forgotten. I don’t agree with a few of the results there though, why the hell is Maggie thatcher at number 3? She did a hell of a lot for this country when it needed to be done and in my eyes she was one of the best prime ministers we ever had. I also don’t agree with Jim davidson being there, he’s a very funny man, and comes from the east end, just like I do :confused: and whoever voted for Sting to be there needs to be stabbed in the face with a rusty nail. He’s a great singer/songwriter, one of the best that this country has.

Overall though, I do agree with most of the results though, I can’t abide any of these manufactured song artists or the people made famous from reality TV shows.

P.S. Lunarcry, click on the link for the results of the programme.

P.P.S. I love living in the U.K. It’s got beautiful countrysides, a hell of a lot of history all around it and it’s the place where I was born. So it’ll always feel like home to me.

Didn’t see it, taped it but didn’t see it- I’m not surprised Tony Blair got number 1, though… what a cretin. Jade at number 4 was definitely something I’d agree with, I can’t stand reality TV show “celebrities” :hyperven: and she just seemed programmed to irritate people. Would’ve put stringfellow and the hamiltons higher, but the Queen at #10? That’s treason, surely :wink: Prince Charles should be way above her :stuck_out_tongue: as should Prescott.

However, I’m glad to see that some standards stille xist in this country and there was no mention of Richard Whiteley on that list :slight_smile:

LunarCry, now you know why I don’t watch I’m a Celebrity…it annoys the hell outta me. Oh, and by the way, people, just remember Big Brother starts in less than fifteen days! We’re evacuating now!

Oh joy… another Big Brother… :thud: another ten candidates for next year’s 100 worst list :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate to break this to ya Neb, but…there are twelve of 'em again.

Yes, I’ll admit, I watched the first series- back then, it was original, and quite interesting. But it’s so predictable now…at least they’re banned from singing this time round, cause of copyright laws…heheheh.

Big Brother?What’s a matter with you foos we all know Survivor is the most notorious and watched reality tv show of all time…

Well I live in North America, so the popularity ratings over here with BB and Survivor are the exact opposite…:stuck_out_tongue:

The first one was only good because of Nasty Nick (now Lincoln’s finest? Urk :S )- BB3 was atrocious with the exception of Sandy, who was funny- it was the live bits that got me, the endless moments of total silence. :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

Evangelion, we only had one series of Survivor here. As far as I know, it wasn’t very successful at all, so…

Nasty Nick was so funny in BB1. BB2…well, it was good at times. BB3, now THAT made me suicidal! My TV is remaining firmly switched off until it’s all over…although I’ll probably relent at some stage, if only for five minutes. :wink: :slight_smile:

Yeah I know.BB wasnt too sucessful over here (though it made minor headlines now and then) and Survivor totally topped the charts in its early seasons…but now, meh…not so much, but it still does rule over BB and other reality tv shows.Yes, I’m a reality tv geek.

Originally posted by Neb
…Urk :S…

You called? :smiley:

Yeah, I never liked Big Brother, I watched the first series for about two days then just found it to be completely irritating.

The only reality TV show I like is Fear Factor, at least the stunts on that are dangerous, unlike on I’m a celeb. I really hate I’m a celeb with every fibre of my being. My mum won’t stop watching it, she’s stuck in front of it whenever it’s on, and I’m missing everything I like to watch :(.

Originally posted by Heaven’s Soldier
[b]Yeah sometimes I wish i didn’t live in England, we’re really small, we have to deal with other countries problems, we have to put up with Blair 24-7, and we’re always the last to get new technology/games!

Really annoying! [/b]

I escaped to america at the age of 13, and I want to come back… I miss jolly ol’ england.

Heh.

We have similar countdowns over here.

The problem is when we run down our worst 100 celebrties, for some reason we call them the 100 BEST.

Cuz we’re screwed up like that. [No…taste…at all…]

Hmm… Blair at #1 and Thatcher at #3… I like this list so far. Geri Halliwell ahead of the Queen? Um, all five ex spicies should come in well ahead of her. And Liam Gallagher at #11…funny thing is that’s the highest Oasis has been on any chart in years. Beckham at 91? Guess a goal in '02 against the Argies wipes out the '98 Red card agains the Argies that cost the blokes the whole tournament… Andrew Lloyd Webber needs to be higher. Much higher than 38. And why the hate for poor Liz Hurley? And Harry Potter, a fictional character, is on there, but not the author who created him? Huh?

As for Ozzie, he’s on there because Kelly is an irritating little brat, but technically, by birth, she’s one of us Americans, and hence can’t qualify. So Ozzie has to go on.

Surely having an English dad is enough to qualify her, even though she was born in America… I mean, for crying out loud, half the royal family’s German :thud:

And the less said about “I’m washed up, get me some publicity” the better ;)- the said thing is, it appears to be working :noway:

Inasmuch as I dislike Tony Blair and undoubtedly a great many others who were on that list, I try to avoid silly programmes such as this. Ultimately, they are just cruel and stupid.

And Kaiser, sad but true indeed. You said it best when you compared celebrities with aristocracy.

Kaiser, we actually had a 100 Best Britons, on afew months back. But I never paid attention to it. Yet now I want to know who did get voted for tha list, considering who got placed on the WORST list!

Winston Churchill won by quite some way, with Isambard Kingdom Brunel (sp?) in second thanks in no small part to Jeremy Clarkson’s relentless “Brunel is best” campaign :wink:

you can probably find all the results here- www.bbc.co.uk and search for “top 100 britons”

thats sweet that aleister crowley isnt on that list but the queen is.