Cali peeps party: the aftermath

Those in attendance from RPGC: Myself, SG, CH, Frame, Kraken, and Starla.
We also had Aren, Zeus, my friend Eric, my roommates, and some neighbors join in the fun.

We kicked things off at Starla’s house, where most of the group met up for a scrumptious dinner of hotdogs and hotdog accessories. SG had ridden a bus earlier that day to get to the place, and CH drove down from his San Jose lair to arrive at my house (I didn’t know Starla’s address so I just gave him mine). CH and I went over to join the others after I got something to eat, and we were all greeted with many hugs, cans of soda, and burning things.

About 10pm, we set sail in our 3 fine vessels for West LA, where my apartment is. CH’s car, which I was riding in with SG, had to make a few stops for food and games to bring to the party. Combine that with a maddening hunt for some parking, and we didn’t actually make it to my place till after midnight.

The gang busted out with some DDR and Karaoke Revolution for starters, then we moved on to 007 Nightfire. I found it to be a pretty fun game, although a little unbalanced. It was mostly the controls I disliked… but to be fair, I was already somewhat drunk by the time I got to play, so that’s not necessarily the game’s fault. :stuck_out_tongue:

After hijacking one of my AIM sessions and possibly ruining all chances I had with the girl I was talking to, the Cali Peeps began to get a bit tired. After playing some of the Naruto fighter that Eric brought over, we started to settle down for the night. This was about 4am.

On Saturday, several people left at the ungodly early hour of 9:30. The rest of the crew indulged in some Mario Kart Double Dash and Soul Calibur II. SG also gave a nice demonstration of Dragon Quarter. We went into town for some breakfast, then came back and played more games. By that evening, people continued to leave until SG and I were the only ones left. We spent some time playing Doom, MMX6, and some other games I can’t even remember. Oh yeah, and listening to some of his MIDIs. Then we went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, where we saw many many hotties. :smiley:

Starla and Zeus came back today to pick up SG to take him to his bus ride home. They brought some stir fry with them, and taught SG to eat with chopsticks. Finally, around 4pm, they all headed back, and my apartment was quiet once more.

And now for the awards…

The award for best dramatic performance goes to… Aren! For his riveting rendition of “I put on my robe and wizard hat”. If Adrienne speaks to me again after that little stunt… my friend, I owe you a Coke.

The award for creepiest Hollywood Video employee goes to… Nick! While most employees would be content with ordinary incompetence while setting up a new customer’s account, Nick went the extra mile and asked me if he could buy my ID for $100. Thanks, Nick!

The award for best innuendo goes to… SG! Huhuhuh… “Self serve”. :stuck_out_tongue:

The award for best huggle goes to… wait a minute, ladies and gentleman, we have a TIE! The best huggle award goes to Starla and ClothHat!!!

And the award for the thing I cared least about missing for the sake of hanging out with my friends, and which I would gladly sacrifice again for even the smallest get-together of RPGC peeps… Superbowl XXXVIII.

Thank you and goodnight.

Originally posted by Kero Hazel
The award for best dramatic performance goes to… Aren! For his riveting rendition of “I put on my robe and wizard hat”. If Adrienne speaks to me again after that little stunt… my friend, I owe you a Coke.

Hey, that was me!

Hey! I wasn’t there!

Starla should go out with Skankin, not spaz! Somone make a petition!

Sure, I vote “Sure.”
But I won’t make a petition.

Starla’s going out with me?

Dude.

If that’s THE “Cali peeps” party, and we’re not having one in the summer, then I’m pissed and depressed at the same time.

didn’t bother to read the actual thread because she hates it when she hears about her friends doing stuff without her. Too much o that goin on lately

I’m guessing it isn’t since we discussed the summer meeting at the LA one.

Good.

Ooooh, does this mean the next one will be somewhere besides LA? doesn’t really want to go that far

I think it’s going to be in las vegas actually, at least that’s what people were talking about last night.

0mazrim taim

Originally posted by StarStorm
Starla’s going out with me?
STFU, I meant Haz, not Maz not Spaz, I meant Haz. FUck everyone with a AZ at the end of their name… cept Maz… and Spaz…

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
[b]I think it’s going to be in las vegas actually, at least that’s what people were talking about last night.

0mazrim taim [/b]
I think I’m gonna have to disagree with going through the nevada desert during the summer.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
[b]Good.

Ooooh, does this mean the next one will be somewhere besides LA? doesn’t really want to go that far [/b]

I’d be down for a NorCal party. Actually I’m down for a party anywhere if I can get a ride… and it’s a lot easier to get a ride there than most places.

Ahhh! Man! I am SO going to the next one. >>;; As in the one in two years. Oh, and Steve is picking me up so we can have amazing secks on the way there <<;; ((Steve is going too! Hahaha!) And Kor could fly a plane up to it! ::DD::D:D MAN! I’ve got it all planned out! Hohah! :victoly:

The award to the best drunk goes to… Aren! for coming into the chat drunk, or at least acting like one :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought is was going to be in the summer >_>;;

Originally posted by Glenn
Ahhh! Man! I am SO going to the next one. >>;; As in the one in two years. Oh, and Steve is picking me up so we can have amazing secks on the way there <<;; ((Steve is going too! Hahaha!) And Kor could fly a plane up to it! ::DD::D:D MAN! I’ve got it all planned out! Hohah! :victoly:
Why not take my rocket-car? or dog sled?

Alyx, why are you no longer signing onto American Online Instant Messenger?

Yo, kids. Here’s SG, for the after party epilogue. :smiley:

After we quieted up the house of the Kero, me, Starla, and Zeus drove my ass to the station. We luckily got there about 15 minutes before the bus arrived…or, was SUPPOSED to :open_mouth: See, Starla bought my ass a round trip ticket, and it had the schedules for my depature and all my stops on Sunday…but no bus game :open_mouth: We called the Greyhound info line (Greyhound was the bus co. I used), and the local ticket info dealy-bopper, and they both said to call the other for more info :stuck_out_tongue: The ticket office was closed, too. My bus was supposed to depart at 4:55 PM…we sat around til about 5 30, 5 45-ish, and were like, fuck it.

So, Starla and Zeus, being the awesome pals they are, opted to drive my ass home. Quite the undertaking; it’s a four-frickin-hour drive. So, we stopped by each of their houses to gather things they’d need to stay over at my house (Gimme a break, driving back to L.A at midnight? Yeah right :P), and we busted a mission. The trip was fun, we talked like the whole way down, and we made no stops really (We stopped at Fry’s like, right away so we could get a tape adaptor for the discman). And, once we got home, I treated them to some Jack In The Box, and stayed up til like 2:30 talkin about shit.

Next morning (That’s today, Monday :D),. we all woke at about 7…Starla n’ Zeus wanted to leave by 9, but I wanted them to get some breakfast. So, I told them if they could wait til about 10, I could treat them to some nice Mexican food before they set off. So, they agreed, and followed me to my first class. Well, afterwards, I introduced them to my friend, Kyral (He comes around the chat sometimes), and we rolled out to a Mexican food stop.

After a thorough enjoyment of Mexican food, I convinced them to stay longer, and skipped the rest of my classes that day :stuck_out_tongue: We went window shopping for like an hour or two at Target. Kyral and I bought Nightfire (We split the cost :D), and Starla bot a transformers car, woo hoo :smiley:

Lastly, we hit the arcades. I coaxed everyone to go with promises of Dance Dance Revoltion, even though I don’t play it. We hit some pool and Air hockey, and managed to kill some time there. Eventually, 1:30-ish PM rolled by, and we went back to my house, and I got Starla n’ Zeus some directions to get back on the freeway, and they rolled out. I suppose we’ll be seeing them around here later today, or tommorow maybe. :smiley: It was indeed fun :smiley:

In any case, it was fun :smiley: I got to meet a lot of friendly RPGC peeps, and have a blast (There were a LOT more funny things that are just too hard to describe, kinda like ‘you-had-to-be-there’ things :P), and of course, I got to see how they were IRL. :smiley: They are mostly the same, but CH is a lot nicer, lol :stuck_out_tongue: Well, he’s nice, but maybe it’s cos he never uses smileys when he writes stuff, that he always comes off as a bit more serious online :stuck_out_tongue: It was aaaalll gravy.

Now let’s kick it in gear, and have another badass RPGC session y’all :smiley:

EDIT: Yeah, and I’ll try to have some pics up soon…I got some really good ones :smiley: so look for them in like, a day or two :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Charlemagne
Starla should go out with Skankin, not spaz! Somone make a petition!

Awww, its so kawaii!

You guys are lucky to live in CA.

Hot dog!

Anyway, it was certainly the crazy, zany last minute adventure to drive four hours both ways. A “kthx” goes to SG for being the hospitable host that he was, especially with all that food. <3 (And also the sleeping over after the drive over there, and the guffaws and the el-oh-el moments, including more food, and etc.)

And the drive back was as crazy go nuts as ever, seeing as how everyone and their mothers were on the 5 Freeway. Good thing Starla was there to keep me company and sane p.s. she still smells like pea soup.

I suppose, the highlight of our driving back there was stopping by at a McDonalds and this woman in a white car that just exuded stupidity by not stopping at her stop-sign and cutting right in front of me, thereby blocking the path towards us and delicious(?) food.

Anyway, as she turned away, her liscence plate was as follows: I <3 Heals.

What the hell?(!)

Then there was a mention of something along the lines of, “wtf? Who the hell does she think she is, a White Mage?”

Something something…“She’s probably so stupid that she has 2 MP…” something something. I don’t have the most perfect memory, but mockery and hilarity ensued, and all was fun.

I swear, stupid ‘White Mages’ on the road who have supremely lame liscence plate aptly named “I <3 heals” + drive like a complete moron should never drive in the road. Ever. And also die.

Then…stuff…then everything from this point on became wet and wild.

ON THE FREEWAY.

As a torrental downpour of water decided to descend onto the freeway - mainly the 5 Freeway. Then there was insane traffic and much driving assholitry from everybody else…

[i]Dear Everyone who was on the 5 Freeway at that moment,

You mother.

Sincerely,
Kevin Dubrow[/i]

Stuff, then some more stuff followed. Something something the big, orange…

And then we arrived safely home. The End.

Extra Credit: If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m the ‘Zeus’ that’s been mentioned in this thread. Best prizes go out to those who realized that before reading this sentence. Worst prizes go to everyone else.