CA Quake

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031223/ap_on_re_us/calif_quake&cid=519&ncid=716

The quake did strike in my town. (Barely.) I do feel sorry for those who were there when this happened. My aunt lives in that area, too.

You could feel that in this area, but only slightly, just enough to rattle the junk around.

For a second, I thought this was going to be about the Quake game.
Sucks for the people in CA though.

“These earthquakes are fantastic. I promised the people of California that my term would be nonstop action and excitement. We’re going to keep it coming. We’re going to have a huge volcanos, monsoons - we’re going to make California the number one action state in the country!” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
For a second, I thought this was going to be about the Quake game.
Sucks for the people in CA though.

Eh, not really. Yeah, sure, for those next to the epicenter, it’s bad, but hey, California’s frickin’ HUGE. Some people at work were talking about some slight ripple; I didn’t feel anything at all.

Then, I don’t even think twice unless it registers at least 5.5 locally. Other than that, pffffft, whatever. [Though it is fun to see tourists from far afield freak out during a tiny baby quake. :stuck_out_tongue: Hee.]

Personally, I also thought this was about something like a Quake mod.