Butterfly Effect

I’m reading Big Fish in English Honors 102 this semester. I’m definately going to see the movie, and buying the soundtrack. One half oldies, one half Danny f**kin’ Elfman.

I’ve been looking foward to the Butterfly Effect ever since I’ve seen the previews for it when I saw “Texas Chainsaw Masacre”. It was definately worth the wait. DEFINATELY.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
It just looks like a toned down version of La Jetee, except instead of saving the world Ashton is trying to save his girlfriend. LAME.

Actually, it is a bti different from that. It also doesn’t deal with time travel the way you are thinking of it. The movie is much better than the movie makes it out to be. Also, you’ll be thinking about it for a while. I’ll admit that there are some plot holes, or at least things I haven’t figured otu that REALLY seem like plotholes or things to throw you off, but it is still good and thse poitns don’t ruin the movie at all. Also, throughout the movie, he isn’t really trying to save her like the preview states. It is a bit different.

Yeah, but the New York Times gave it an F…

From what I’ve read, the film is TRYING to be intelligent, philosophical, and bizarre but fails miserably, especially in contrast to real art films.

But since some film critics are snobs, I’d have to see for myself.

I saw the preview for it, and I thought it looked really cool. I have yet to see it though…

The beat of the butterfly’s wings in China can cause a tornado in Texas.

All the reviews I’ve read have been along the lines of that it’s sort of a good movie, but kind of missing something. I’ll probably think it’s okay, I don’t require much from a movie.